Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my dalton kit today. works great holds 8000, may drop to 7950 for a second then back to 8000 all the way. It wasn't holding 8000 before and wouldn't shift back right. when i removed the primary i found that one of the arms on the weights , was stiff, there was some carbon on it and, it was just shimed to tight from the factory ( washers was to thick) , i cleaned it and it moved better but was still stiffer than the rest. with a little work it would have ran like it did when i bought it. yes the dalton does run better, and i'm happy with it. but if anyone else is having issues you might want to check/clean the arms.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
whats your top speed ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will test it later today and let you know

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cool thanks man

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only place i had to test it was to sneak out onto the hardtop. I hit 74 with a passenger might have got a little more but did not wan't to be on the main road long. So i only went two driveways down. Once i get my new controller I will try again, and let you know. before with my primary messing up was only hitting 70 +

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that's good so ur still seeing 74-75 with a person & after the spring ,! we were worried the new spring would be tight and not let it hit top speed, but it sounds like u still are or close 77 is tops

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Brian, are you running stock tires on your mav?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes stock tires, I installed exhaust and clutch kit at the same time, so not sure which made the biggest difference,but it hits alot harder when i nail on it. now i have to adjust my suspension, because it is getting squirrely in the ass end.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok cool thanks brian

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just a spring/weight kit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts