Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Maverick, running 29" Bighorn 3.0. Riding mostly wood trails, so I need more low end.

I have a CVtech clutch with stock secondary. Spring in the clutch is 1024 and weights are 2008, is that the correct setup for my ride? I feel the engagement RPM is too high

Any advices?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
What is your engagement rpm? Is your car a turbo? I ran a 1017 on my 2013 XRS non turbo with 2-2004 weights and 4-2006 weights. Engagement was about 1600 rpm and the lighter weights hit full shift out at 4700-4750 and allowed me to get 8000-8150 rmp with my EVO stage 1 re-flash. I run stock Big Horns in a mixed bag of hard pack desert, sand dunes and some mountain trail riding with. I got all the bottom end out of that setup I needed on both hard pack and sand, and still maintained almost stock top end. You could go to the 1017 to get a quicker engagement. Not knowing if you have a turbo or not, or your idle,shift out and top end rpm's, I cant even guess on your weights

I ran CVTech and STM clutches for a while, but run a full turbo clutch upgrade now with Airdam's primary and secondary springs and the stock n/a weights in the primary. This has been my most reliable and best performing setup.

Reactions: Chris T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the non-turbo model. Engagement is about 2400rpm with the 1024 spring.

I keep reading about the 1017, I guess I'll go with that. Someone recommended I go with the 1019 because it has the same finish rate as stock.. any inputs?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Ditch the stock secondary for a roller. Either the stock turbo with Airdam's spring or an STM with either the lime green or gold spring. Go to either 1017 or 2017 primary spring(2017 engages @ about 2000 rpm), and drop your weights to at least all 2006. I think you'll like the difference. Get a hold of Adam at Airdam if you can (got to have patience sometimes). He will get you hooked up on parts. JMHO

P.S. Make sure you have the limiting spacer on you CVTech. It's a larger diameter primary than stock. Without the spacer you will eat belts a lot quicker. It's a plastic collar that keeps the clutch from shifting to far out (primary sheeves from closing in to close together) making your belt too tight and chewing it up on the secondary :wink:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is your engagement rpm? Is your car a turbo? I ran a 1017 on my 2013 XRS non turbo with 2-2004 weights and 4-2006 weights. Engagement was about 1600 rpm and the lighter weights hit full shift out at 4700-4750 and allowed me to get 8000-8150 rmp with my EVO stage 1 re-flash. I run stock Big Horns in a mixed bag of hard pack desert, sand dunes and some mountain trail riding with. I got all the bottom end out of that setup I needed on both hard pack and sand, and still maintained almost stock top end. You could go to the 1017 to get a quicker engagement. Not knowing if you have a turbo or not, or your idle,shift out and top end rpm's, I cant even guess on your weights

I ran CVTech and STM clutches for a while, but run a full turbo clutch upgrade now with Airdam's primary and secondary springs and the stock n/a weights in the primary. This has been my most reliable and best performing setup.
What year model turbo clutch suite 13-14 maverick non turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts