Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a CVTECH installed and have had lots of problems with it... There is a 30mm bolt that is in center of clutch and a 21mm bolt in the center. How many washers should be on the 21mm bolt? Any pics of a CVTECH installed would be helpful..

·
Registered
711 Posts
whats wrong with it
whats it doing
what seems to be the problem

i already know where you got it from, and i know how it is set up. i can tell you the alignment is wrong for starters, and the calibration is wrong as well. i can only assume it has a lumpy engagement that feels like it slips, and once you get the tires going and pulling it slips then as well.

your bolt likely has 10 thin grey'ish colored washers along with one gold looking washer. that is somewhat normal although it may look odd for the first time in the housing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bike will only due 15mph in highrange.around 12 mph its turning around 5000 rpm and wont shift out.
Ure correct on the symptoms..How do i fix

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
How's the bolt have anything to do with it only doing 15 mph ? Take the cover off and see if you have any belt. Cords. Wrapped around something take the belt off and see if the primary is going in and out when you rev it

·
Registered
711 Posts
did it all start right after you got the machine back from catvos? or did it start suddenly after a ride? only doing that kind of MPH i would suspect that the helix is lined up incorrectly behind the secondary not allowing the secondary to open up, keeping the machine in basically 1st gear and not letting the clutch upshift into higher gear to pick up more wheel speed.

the tuning problem with the primary is an easy fix, you need new weights and a new primary spring and a new secondary spring. easy fix i have the parts for you, fixing the belt alignment is going to take some machining to your clutch parts.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a thread on here called something like The inside of an ///AIRDAM CVTech, and it has pictures.

the calibrations of your clutch with stock tires is a world away from what his calibration will be with those 34" mud tires. his weights will be much lighter, and his spring rate will be much higher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Started as soon as i got it back. He has installed a new CVTECH primary but it hasent been rode yet. When i get home from work im gonna see about having it tuned by someone else.

·
Registered
711 Posts
the ones scott buys already come pre-assembled, BUT the one he is installing on your maverick has the wrong belt alignment for your maverick. it is minimal, but enough to make the clutch chirp the belt when it engages. the clutch being pre-assembled wont make your clutch not upshift. i believe thats all in the secondary.

the alignment problem can be fixed with some machining. tuning wont fix that.

the calibration can be changed easily. thats nothing to even worry about. thats an easy fix.

what my thoughts are though, would be that the helix is lined up improperly behind the secondary clutch not allowing the secondary to upshift. meaning the whole clutch assembly is stuck in 1st gear if it wont go but 12mph. my first course of action would be to take the secondary off and inspect and make sure its all installed properly i have videos on youtube of a complete disassembly and complete re-assembly on a commander which is 100% identical to a maverick. you can at least get it all apart and figure out if its lined up right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I rode it like 4 miles after picking it up and all of a sudden it quit pulling,took it back and the secondary was laying in the clutch housing, All he did was reinstall and tighten up the bolt after putting lock tight on it. So your thinking the problem is in the secondary and not the primary?

·
Registered
711 Posts
yep. if the secondary came off, and they had to re-install it, my bet would be that they did not line it back up right. watch my video on youtube

·
Registered
449 Posts
I love your videos!! And your New York accent is the bomb...:big smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts