Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well "you know who" will not return calls and I dont know where else to turn. Airdam set this clutch up but I have not EVER since I bought the clutch been able to get ahold of him after the sale. I needed a one way bearing and had to get it from a member here. Now I need weights to tune this clutch and still can not get ahold of AIRDAM. If anyone has parts for this stupid Cvtech and can help please let me know. Im not looking for a hand out, just some help..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
You can just get washers to put under the puck weights from lowes for 1$ and if you need to lose some weight just drill out the puck weights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im adding 7lbs of boost and need to know what it will take to adjust this clutch that was set up for a stock Maverick with lower engagement with a STM secondary...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The turbo is in the shop right now. My good friend owns a turbo shop and we are making a few changes. Im still working on getting the parts together and figuring out how to get my compression under 10.1.
PS!!!!! MRRPM is of NO HELP on this. I deal with a local machine shop that is full of knowledge and is helping me right now...
Got any pics of the turbo install?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think the MCX Turbo Kit supplies a set of low CP Pistons...

So that's how they lower CP... Vs doing a head shim or thicker base gasket...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, Im still not sure if turbo is the way to go yet. If I plan on keeping a turbo on my Maverick I will be replacing the pistons with lower compression. This is kinda a dry run to see what I think about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When Adam was doing my STM, I bitched at him about not answering calls. He told me how many calls he got and that he was bouncing between calls constantly. He told me if the machine pics up to just wait a couple minutes and keep calling back. Once I started doing that, I would get him. He stays buried with work and calls. He should do better about returning calls but that way does work. It's just frustrating. I've had the best luck around 545-6 pm est doing the constant calling.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So can someone please help me set this clutch up? If not what are my options. Im leaving for a week long trip next thursday. I dont really want to buy a differnt clutch but I guess if AIRDAM is not gonna help me then I have no choice. Really wish I would have bought my last 2 clutches from a differnt company.... Adam is NO help....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
PM sent. Call me and I'll see what I can do to help. I been fart'n around with my CVTech for a year now, and have a semi decent handle on it and a few parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts