So, last February my primary bolt broke and took out the entire CVT system. I ordered a CVtech from ///airdam and the dealer put it on for me and handed me a brand-new primary in the box to take home. It worked good at first, but lately my TopSpeed has been going down and my RPMs have been getting lower and lower going up tall hills. I've come to believe that only installing the primary and leaving the stock secondary on must've been a mistake. The stock secondary doesn't backshift very well, which causes very high temperatures and ruins belts and also melted the plastic or nylon sliders inside my primary. The primary lately hasn't been shifting out all the way. With it in neutral and revving it up the belt did not stick out of the primary. That's why was losing 10 mph TopSpeed. And all of that seems to go back to two much heat melting the sliders and then not getting full shift out. Adam, or ///AIRDAM, nice guy that he is is actually sending the new sliders for free! He may be a little hard to get a hold of, but who else in this industry would do that! Anyways I also bought an STM secondary from him which will be here this week. So in the meantime I wanted to ride last weekend so I had a friend put my brand-new stock primary on a lathe and take a little bit of a cut on the two tapers that mesh the outer half to the inner half oh the primary. I then spent approximately 30 minutes with course lapping compound and lapped the two halves together. I put The inner half on the motor, started it and let it idle, while I held the outer half with lapping compound up against it to lap them in. I then installed the recall stud kit, torqued down to 95 pounds, and then took it out for three 0 to 50 mile-per-hour runs down the blacktop. I had put a white paint mark on the inner half of the primary, the outer half, and the nut. Well it slipped quite a bit that first time. So I then put some more torque on it to about 100 pounds. Wiped off the paint and applied more paint. Took it out on the street and did three more runs. It slipped some more again, too much for my taste. I then hit it with my half inch impact that's good for a hair over 100 pounds of torque. The nut turned a little bit, and then I checked with my torque wrench and it was about 110 pounds of torque. I wiped the paint marks off again, apply another paint Mark, and took it out for four runs down the blacktop. Brought it back in the shop and this time the outer half only rotated about 2°. Well I was happy with that. I went out to Glamis the next day and then superstition the day after, and then yesterday I pulled the cover off to inspect it and the outer half only rotated maybe another 2°. Pretty darn good I would say. So the two morals of the story is the stock secondary sucks. Or at least I've been told that and I will find out for sure New Year's week when I run it with the STM secondary. Going to try it with the stock primary first and the STM secondary. Then after that I can put the CVTech back on it and then compare my belt temperature between the two systems. And the other thing I learned is pretty much what Todd from Hunter works has been saying about torquing it down, taking it for a drive, and then retorquing it. But better yet is do what I did and torque it, put paint marks and go run hard a couple times. And then keep torquing it down until that outer half doesn't move anymore.