Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a tutorial post on installing a CVT Temp Gauge? I've searched and not found it. I'm new to the forum and not sure if I'm looking correctly. I see Alba has a kit, but I was thinking of doing my own with a digital gauge.

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Factory duck I drilled a hole smaller than the adaptor and used it to thread the plastic and put silicone on the threads of both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a galaxy far far away

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The alba will come with instructions. The one I use from amazon, I took off the hose clamp on the exiting air from the primary and put the part of the temp gauge that would thread into the water jacket into it. Tightened the hose clamp up and viola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
cvt gauge location

Factory duck I drilled a hole smaller than the adaptor and used it to thread the plastic and put silicone on the threads of both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in a galaxy far far away
This is about cvt temp gauge location and best place to put on dash ,also is alba the the ticket on his set up ? thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This is about cvt temp gauge location and best place to put on dash ,also is alba the the ticket on his set up ? thanks
I have the Alba set up and have no complaints with it. What I like about it, is the colored scaled section on the gauge that let's you know when you are getting too warm.....

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I bought this gauge pod from Summit for $20 so I could mount the gauge up by the instrument cluster and make it easier to monitor without looking down. The sensor was installed just above the rubber coupling on the rear exhaust duct.

20140724_103709.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought this gauge pod from Summit for $20 so I could mount the gauge up by the instrument cluster and make it easier to monitor without looking down. The sensor was installed just above the rubber coupling on the rear exhaust duct.

View attachment 13558
I installed mine but gauge won't read only light up. Am I supposed to ground the brass insert that goes in the duct

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Anybody see a diff in temp running the secondary air inlet ? I installed it and I seen about a 15 deg cooler temp on average it runs about 145 degs

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Anybody see a diff in temp running the secondary air inlet ? I installed it and I seen about a 15 deg cooler temp on average it runs about 145 degs

I have not seen any difference at all but I am running a QSC/STM setup and had to basically get ride of the inner shroud that blankets the OEM secondary outer sheave. I think without this, the secondary inlet does not pull any additional air since the pump like effect of the secondary isn't there without the shroud. I will most likely install a blower on this inlet to see how that aids in cooling....

·
Hickory, NC
2,959 Posts
X2 no vacuum pulled without inner shield. Your blower come up behind the seat? I thought that too but where do I put the noise?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I installed mine but gauge won't read only light up. Am I supposed to ground the brass insert that goes in the duct
Check your connection first. There is no grounding on sensor probe as it is closed loop
I tested mine with a heat gun but you could use a blow dryer just as easy.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I was thinking the same thing , put a blower under the seat maybe a squirrel cage like a heater uses. They are quieter and capable of a higher pressure. I have seen a few bilge blowers like that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did this setup and just make sure they are off in the water so it doesn't create a suction looking for water. Lol. The setup seems to work very well and I can't hear them at all with the machine on.

·
Registered
135 Posts

View attachment 13558
Do you have the part number from Summit for that mount?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
What other gauges are out there besides the alba? What is the cheap amazon version people have mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts