Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove my cover I have 2 bolts that just spin without unthreading. I intentionally drilled into one keeping it from spinning and it worked. The other one isn't in the position I could get to so I thought ask the forum and see what ideas you have had success with. Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can you apply pressure to it while trying to screw it out? Either with a panel tool or regular screwdriver.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative, I had to drop my skid plate and drilled into the cover from underneath. I was able to get it off. Thanks for you suggestion.
Now I’m not sure if I can run a longer bolt and nut or buy a new inner cover. Any idea on that ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You're talking about the course threaded screws that go into the plastic housing? If they just spin, the hole must be completely hogged out and you should be able to just pry the cover off. Unless you need to make your cover waterproof I wouldn't even bother fixing it. You could probably fill the hole with epoxy and re-thread the screw in there though.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
628 Posts
Negative, I had to drop my skid plate and drilled into the cover from underneath. I was able to get it off. Thanks for you suggestion.
Now Iâ€m not sure if I can run a longer bolt and nut or buy a new inner cover. Any idea on that ?
Thanks
Yes, option 1: Get a stick of ptex. Light it on fire like a candle and let it drop into the hole. Oil up the coarse threaded fastener and screw it in to the still soft ptex. Let it set and try screwing it out once cooled.
Option 2: get a quick pin clutch cover kit, follow steps above and leave the pin in there. Or try jb weld

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts