Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a belt that is better then the factory ones? I have gone through a couple and I am just looking for the best one out there. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no matter what belt you put on, if you are smoking the stock belts, you will smoke them as well.....The Gates C12 is a great belt at half the cost but I suggest you tell us more about your problem so we can help you figure out why you are smoking belts.....what size tires are you running, what kind of riding do you do etc...

Reactions: BRETT

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
try low gear

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just my opinion, I did not like the gates belt. Go with the 212. My gates was very noisy. Never smoked any belt but I prefer factory.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have c-12, been good to me, only belts I've smoked have been factory (2). I guess every bodies bike and riding style is different.

·
Registered
529 Posts
best place to buy a spare belt on the west coast ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I lost one when the driven pulley backed out. I need to buy a spare. I went through a few when I had a commander. Tried the gates belts and they seemed the same as the factory. I drive in glamus and have the stock tires and wheels. I was jumping alot with the commander and I think that is what was hurting the belts. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
best place to buy a spare belt on the west coast ?
Hunterworks sells Gates belts with free shipping I think.....and best price I have found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts