Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call my cv tech is installed here is my mods and gps speed with them
I have a xrs with the a brp aluminum top brp pro aromor doors brp front and rear bumper bed liner half windshield ron woods full exhaust cv tech clutch and 29.5 outlaw tires

GPS SPEED WITH THE 29.5 tires 73 mph im sure without the top and windshield it would be a little faster and of course stock size tires but im a mud rider so im happy with my cv tech install and performance atv for set n it up

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure im still offshore my brother called me from the shop to tell me the updates id say thats pretty good with the tires im running tho

·
Registered
711 Posts
just for future reference, i DO NOT recommend going over 60mph on outlaw tires. bad idea all the way around. entirely too much load on the clutch, creating excessive belt heat. fast is fun, but fast with a big tire like that is a bad idea. you're asking for troubles.

if you wanna race your buddies, rock out, BUT running high range with a huge heavy tire is already a bad idea, and running that kinda mph with a huge tire, in high range, is an excessive load on the clutch. i myself dont recomemnd it, i would recommend keeping 'er in low range and somewhere under 50mph.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a test run mine will stay mostly in low range as did my teryx with gear reduction and 840 kit I raced in the pit I also have sport low ready to install on it as well

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just for future reference, i DO NOT recommend going over 60mph on outlaw tires. bad idea all the way around. entirely too much load on the clutch, creating excessive belt heat. fast is fun, but fast with a big tire like that is a bad idea. you're asking for troubles.

if you wanna race your buddies, rock out, BUT running high range with a huge heavy tire is already a bad idea, and running that kinda mph with a huge tire, in high range, is an excessive load on the clutch. i myself dont recomemnd it, i would recommend keeping 'er in low range and somewhere under 50mph.
IPHONE 040.jpg

I'm no stranger to big bikes this was my race bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
X2 on the speed I'll post up some pics of what 62 mph does to 28 inch silverbacks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea where you top speed was at before the upgrades? I am interested in the same mods but will be running smaller tires just for ripping (my outlander is setup and clutches for mud). I just wanna know how much faster or more power you get outta the Ron woods and clutch replacement before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any idea where you top speed was at before the upgrades? I am interested in the same mods but will be running smaller tires just for ripping (my outlander is setup and clutches for mud). I just wanna know how much faster or more power you get outta the Ron woods and clutch replacement before I pull the trigger.
Not sure I didn't ride it much because I was affraid of my clutch blowing out my brother did say he was not riding behind me tho because the in his words the exhaust is insanely loud lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unforunately no im not going to nats I have a job comming up on thursday do I have to be in odessa, being request by a company man is great but also a curse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts