Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Primary outter sheeve came apart after a ride on the frozen lake on march 16th, i was on my way home slowing down for a turn and had this happen. i assumed it was just a belt. got it opened up the next day after getting pulled home. I purchased the clutches from pines psm and was set up right away emailing adam harvy and he was trying his best do diagnose the problem from what he thinks it was my secondary improperly installed but i emailed photos clearly showing the teeth were meshed. I never took them apart just installed them and put on maybe 6 miles before this. I would just like some warranty or help getting going again. don't think its too much to ask for last time i got a email from adam was around march 20th i know hes busy because of mud nats but just being put on the back burner sucks so now my 20k toy sits. I am sure u guys can appreciate my frustration.
thanks for reading
Auto part
Auto part Wheel
Auto part Machine Metal Tool accessory
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ouch, damn that sucks. Good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Dang, been there with my rage 6. It does suck but if it breaks it was a weak point anyways. Make it better, faster, and stronger now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Did Adam say why he thought it was the secondary....I am curious to see how a secondary would make the primary explode. What I do see from the pictures is a belt that has exploded. I would think that if the primary exploded first, the belt would be more intact. Did you buy them from Pine and did Pine install them? If so, they should be on the hook for this if you only had 6 miles on the setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live a province over so i installed them. Adam was saying if the secondary was not meshed into the trans shaft it would be sitting out around 16th of a inch or 8th and cause the outer sheave to over heat and blow. that's what i got from him.
with the carnage in that belt box flying around i can see it easily eating that belt

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would say you had major belt overheating, running hard in high range in the snow possibly, or improper clutching leading to slippage and major heat,,, along with a poorly casted outer sheave and….boom. You are not the first, will not be the last. Hopefully someone helps you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i can see if i was pushing it hard, but the frozen lake had no snow on it just ice from the spring melt and freeze. I know its not from me installing the clutches, but there must have been slipping because of improper calibrated clutches. my machine is snorkeled to the roof with 2-3" cvt fans blowing the exh out on the clutches and its kept in a heated shop so i know there was no water or snow in the belt housing. Also I have sport mode low too, always using the proper range helps i know.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Let the warranty process run it's course. They've Got NOTHING TO gain and everything to lose by not taking care of you. Be patient and it'll work itself out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts