Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
With all this talk of CV poems
, I have a related question. Run the OEMs until they fail or dive into the nasty and clean/repack them on some interval? I get it if the boot is torn a repacking is required, but otherwise just keep riding?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I don't think there's a service interval. The manual only has boot inspections. Many of us carry emergency boot repair kits for trail repairs. I opened up my front and rear axle boots at 2000 miles to see how the grease looked/inspect due to the fact that I'm constantly in water, they looked great. I would treat them like a car with cv's, no maintenance until you hear noise or see grease coming out the boot

Reactions: Louis Lugnutz

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cool, that was the plan, but will also try the IR temp check. I too have a couple of the PRP emergency boots. We've had them last 1400 miles in Baja, so well worth carrying!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Should I just go with factory axels? None of the axels have broke. Just the boot coming off the cv. The factory lasted almost 3000 miles before tearing. Both of these rhinos came un done at the clamp.
I am running factory axles with a WS300 big turbo . If you go to Whalen Speed RD and watch a couple of his videos launching their x3 with drag slicks you should be convinced that the factory axles will take a beating. I am not saying they wont break but its usually an operator error that breaks one. The visco lock axles are the easiest to break but its usually the tip of the spline on the passenger side . I haven't run the RCV axles due to cost , I can buy 3 oem axles for the price of one RCV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I bought 2 new Rhino 2.0 front axels and installed them on my x3. Went for a ride and both boots pulled out fron the hose clamp on the diff side. Is there some other issue I should be looking for thats causing this, Or did they just not get the clamp tight enough? I replaced both of them because the stock driver side cv boot ripped, now on both new ones the cv boot came off.

View attachment 269467 View attachment 269468
Same exact thing happened to me. Both rear axles shot grease all over the place. Called super ATV, they were going to send me a new boot kit. I said that wasn’t good enough,they had less than 10 miles on them. I told him I was just gonna take a bunch of pictures and put them on social media. All the sudden I got two brand new axle sent to me. They said they were going to make sure that the clips were tensioned properly but, I’m pretty sure they just took it set off the shelf and send it to me. But no problems since. ((2500 miles). It did ruin a weekend.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts