Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many aluminum options out there for hunting dog boxes. The problem is that most aren't set up for the bed of the Trail model. Has anyone out there found a vendor that makes an aftermarket non-aluminum hunting dog box / crate that fits the aesthetics of the Maverick? I've contemplated building one out of wood but would prefer a lighter option that has pre-fab tie downs that fit with what's on / in the bed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,142 Posts
No suggestions on your objective (my smaller pooch rides inside on the passenger seat). Regardless, welcome to the forum. An admin will probably move this as your very first post to the Intro subforum. BTW, an interesting maple leaf...

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
The Ruff Land size Large fits the back of the MavT to the millimeter and works great with a single cheap ratchet-strap. I dragged mine into the dealer to ensure it fit before I bought it :) The Large is perfect for my 65lb lab. Normally she rides up front with me but sometimes need her in back. I am doing some work on my MavT this weekend and will take some pics if you are interested.

Ruff Land Kennels

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s awesome to know - and yes I would love to see some photos thanks! Did you get the large with the side door??

The Ruff Land size Large fits the back of the MavT to the millimeter and works great with a single cheap ratchet-strap. I dragged mine into the dealer to ensure it fit before I bought it :) The Large is perfect for my 65lb lab. Normally she rides up front with me but sometimes need her in back. I am doing some work on my MavT this weekend and will take some pics if you are interested.

Ruff Land Kennels

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Yes you need the side door. You may need a 1" or 2" board under it so the door clears the back of the bed. Yes it's a spendy crate but mine is not just for the MavT, I've it fitted for rotation between two trucks. Yep will post pics over weekend.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Need a couple 2x4's underneath to clear the door. She jumps right in like an acrobat it is funny. I made a ramp but she prefers to jump right in. She won't get in when the engine is running but we are working on that.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Reactions: Julie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buddy - here’s my one off custom built (by me) dog box for the MavT
Used your picture as a guide so thanks again

Need a couple 2x4's underneath to clear the door. She jumps right in like an acrobat it is funny. I made a ramp but she prefers to jump right in. She won't get in when the engine is running but we are working on that.

View attachment 254740

1 - 10 of 10 Posts