Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guy's, Sorry if this has been covered already. I searched through the forums but most ended without an answer or didn't cover this topic.

Im planning to build a full system exhaust just like I would on a Harley and do a 2 into 1 then back into 2 for the duals. Plan on scrapping the cat system and just have it connect to the factory exhaust cans. My question is has anyone deleted the cat system and if so do you have to change A/F ratio? Probably need to tune anyway? Second question is for the exhaust can. I plan on shortening the can by 3-4" and build new end caps for them. Has anyone cut into it to remove the baffle system? Torch and pry? The real question is with the A/F change. Im good at fab work but not good with engines or tuning. Probably be easier to buy a kit but i'm a broke engineering student and would rather not spend money on what I can build haha. Any info or knowledge on this?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There are a couple people that have built cat delete exhaust systems. Alba is who comes to mind but I dont think theirs is a 2/1/2 design.
I have a set of stock muffler cans I will sell you if you need some to work up your design.
let me know.

Reactions: Barbosa75

·
Registered
713 Posts
Whats up guy's, Sorry if this has been covered already. I searched through the forums but most ended without an answer or didn't cover this topic.

Im planning to build a full system exhaust just like I would on a Harley and do a 2 into 1 then back into 2 for the duals. Plan on scrapping the cat system and just have it connect to the factory exhaust cans. My question is has anyone deleted the cat system and if so do you have to change A/F ratio? Probably need to tune anyway? Second question is for the exhaust can. I plan on shortening the can by 3-4" and build new end caps for them. Has anyone cut into it to remove the baffle system? Torch and pry? The real question is with the A/F change. Im good at fab work but not good with engines or tuning. Probably be easier to buy a kit but i'm a broke engineering student and would rather not spend money on what I can build haha. Any info or knowledge on this?

Why cut the cans? Just curious and I would love to see the finished product.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
umm

the stock can am exhaust is 2-1-2 - the 2 big cans are just resonators - the Y pipe section is the cat - u can gut the cat and weld in pipe where the resonators were there is a few guys that done it , maybe seen a lil more umf off the line lil louder to

Harley is 2 into 1 - more TQ , few les mph

the computer has enough adjustment for u to mod the exhaust

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why cut the cans? Just curious and I would love to see the finished product.
Just to make them a little shorter and build some turn downs. Just a style preference really. Going to coat them black and be done with it haha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm

the stock can am exhaust is 2-1-2 - the 2 big cans are just resonators - the Y pipe section is the cat - u can gut the cat and weld in pipe where the resonators were there is a few guys that done it , maybe seen a lil more umf off the line lil louder to

Harley is 2 into 1 - more TQ , few les mph

the computer has enough adjustment for u to mod the exhaust
Yeah I'm just going to follow Can Am design but maybe do a little bigger diameter piping. Just chunk the resonator and cap and do a straight pipe exhaust. That's good to know about the computer tho.. I havnt driven the maverick since I built the intake for it so I might have to tune regardless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts