Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What muffler would yall use for a custom exhaust. I have to fit around a fuel cell but not sure i can swallow the $ for a kit i will have to cut up. And another worry is i dont wana lose power due to to little back presure. I would like to turn the exhaust out in front of the tire so it wont heat up the fuel cell

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
On my Rhino I used a Flowmaster. I think it was called the Hushpower. It's double walled to cut down on radiant heat. Cost about $130

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What muffler would yall use for a custom exhaust. I have to fit around a fuel cell but not sure i can swallow the $ for a kit i will have to cut up. And another worry is i dont wana lose power due to to little back presure. I would like to turn the exhaust out in front of the tire so it wont heat up the fuel cell
It might be easier to build an insulated heat shield to protect the fuel cell.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
IDC who u are that is just bitchin ! nice work. Magnaflow makes a race muffler that Weller racing uses on ther SR1 race cars and its all stainless 2" in 2" outlet 4" can and i tinks its somthing like 20" long. MagnaFlow 10414 Muffler, type that in on ebay 67bucks shipped from summit

·
Registered
449 Posts
slipon

Supertrapp slipon with a closed encap and you can get a USFS spark arrestor. If I had the time I would rundown a Thunderheader slipon. They sound cool on a harley and I bet the Mav would be equally cool sounding.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Charles are you running the factory gas tank?
I believe he said he was using a fuel cell but he put it in the stock tank location.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Charlot that looks really nice!
I want to do a 2 into 1 and mabie use a supertrap just worried i might not have enough back preasure. Then again i dont want too much. How much do these motors depend on the perfect back pressure? I know equal lenght header pipes will be a must.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does this design fit under all the stock plastics?
I got my answer on his facebook page. It appears no this exhaust will not fit under the stock plastics, Well you cant really tell because he isnt using the stock center plastic console anymore. still nice work tho

1 - 20 of 23 Posts