Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
You did a great job if this thing runs good. You put a lot of thought into it, wish I would have done the same instead of buying a sht system that I had to redo the whole dam thing anyways to get to run right. I have learned a ton from building this thing..

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
You did a great job if this thing runs good. You put a lot of thought into it, wish I would have done the same instead of buying a sht system that I had to redo the whole dam thing anyways to get to run right. I have learned a ton from building this thing..
X2 it took me 2 broke stock pistons and hrs on hrs tuning and 3 different turbos before I got it to run great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
That TE04h works good with only 60 lbs injectors?

Seems too I'm running really safe at 60% duty cycle I think it's close to the garret gt22 turbo. Kind of a small turbo some people say but it's good enough for me on the east coast were I'm not wot all the time a xp1000 only pulled me about 1 length off the start before i started to boost and a walked him by atleast 10 lengths to 70mph

·
Registered
761 Posts
I waited to long to do the right pistons. I need an over size now. There being made by CP, 93mm. Should be a 1005 when done. I tryed to get MrRpm to get me a 9.1 big bore 1120 kit but he hasnt had time..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Would rather not say what I got into this stupid build, Its just a hobby. Like I said if I were to do it again I would have just bought a kit. The time I spent looking for parts and fixing this Maverick and all the rides I missed out on is not worth the trouble to me to piece together. Not sure if the MCX is set up and ready to run with no problems, but hell I have a lot of time and money figuring this turbo system out..

·
Registered
791 Posts
What are you guys doing for head bolts? Re-use stock? New stock bolts? Upgraded bolts / studs? I had a quick read of the service manual and it does not call for replacement of the bolts for a cylinder disassembly….

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
What are you guys doing for head bolts? Re-use stock? New stock bolts? Upgraded bolts / studs? I had a quick read of the service manual and it does not call for replacement of the bolts for a cylinder disassembly….
I reused my stock bolts And have took the heads off a couple of times

·
Registered
791 Posts
I want to do away with the factory intake plenum and bring boost in from the rear. Anyone have any ideas. Similar to the picture. This one is apparently hand made and is not running boost

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will be trying to fab an intake that comes from the back as soon as I get me Maverick back together. The only problems I see are losing the cup heaters and possibly the passenger grab handle. But it would sure cut down on turbo lag..

81 - 100 of 117 Posts