Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
You did a great job if this thing runs good. You put a lot of thought into it, wish I would have done the same instead of buying a sht system that I had to redo the whole dam thing anyways to get to run right. I have learned a ton from building this thing..

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
You did a great job if this thing runs good. You put a lot of thought into it, wish I would have done the same instead of buying a sht system that I had to redo the whole dam thing anyways to get to run right. I have learned a ton from building this thing..
X2 it took me 2 broke stock pistons and hrs on hrs tuning and 3 different turbos before I got it to run great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
That TE04h works good with only 60 lbs injectors?

Seems too I'm running really safe at 60% duty cycle I think it's close to the garret gt22 turbo. Kind of a small turbo some people say but it's good enough for me on the east coast were I'm not wot all the time a xp1000 only pulled me about 1 length off the start before i started to boost and a walked him by atleast 10 lengths to 70mph

·
Registered
761 Posts
Would rather not say what I got into this stupid build, Its just a hobby. Like I said if I were to do it again I would have just bought a kit. The time I spent looking for parts and fixing this Maverick and all the rides I missed out on is not worth the trouble to me to piece together. Not sure if the MCX is set up and ready to run with no problems, but hell I have a lot of time and money figuring this turbo system out..

·
Registered
791 Posts
What are you guys doing for head bolts? Re-use stock? New stock bolts? Upgraded bolts / studs? I had a quick read of the service manual and it does not call for replacement of the bolts for a cylinder disassembly….

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will be trying to fab an intake that comes from the back as soon as I get me Maverick back together. The only problems I see are losing the cup heaters and possibly the passenger grab handle. But it would sure cut down on turbo lag..

81 - 100 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.