Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Its a lot of work and trial and error, I have a bunch of info.. Ask Mearsman if I have been of any help.. Im waiting to get it back together to figure out if I have it right or not..... Figures crossed!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I bet I have more knowledge then him since I have already put a turbo on mine.. I hope I saved him from making the same mistakes I made...

·
Registered
761 Posts
The oil feed line is important. I know for a fact that restricting the oil to the turbo will eat a turbo in a few miles or less. We need a clean oil supply line. We can not use the center of the motor ports for an oil supply line.. There are oil squirters there that relay on the oil pressure and volume to supply lubricate to the pistons.. The return line also has to be 5/8 line at min......... The rest I will fill you in on when I figure it out..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Can I run an oil supply line to the turbo off your oil cooler, the third port that is designed for a gauge? That was my plan at least........

·
Registered
761 Posts
So if I understand this cirrect, the oil feeders shut off under low pressure. Then if I have an open oil line to my turbo it might have been shut off the whole time?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry, what I meant was that the oiler to the piston was off the whole time cause I took all the pressure away by feeding my turbo with a non restricted line. This would cause a lake of pressure to the oiler for that piston. This is all I can think of why my piston wanted to seize on the front cylinder..

·
Registered
761 Posts
In the long Run It's going to cost more, but if done right it should be a better system. I already have over 6000 in my turbo system but 2175 just in clutches doesn't help. I also bought the fuel monster (800) and bigger injectors and over sized pistons. The list goes on.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If I would have just started from scratch I would have saved a sht ton of money. Trying to fix someone elses kit was a big mistake.

·
Registered
761 Posts
UsedTurbo Teo4h 100$
5 foot of marine exhaust piping for charge pipe60$ Local shop
All the boost pipes ( 90deg 45 and straights ) 125$ Ebay
A bunch of 90 and 45 silicone for 2 inch piping 100$ Ebay
Used Intercooler from aerocharger 60$ Rzr forum
6 inch intercooler fan 60$ ebay
Local exhaust shop for 5 ft of 2 inch exhaust piping 30$
New 2 Deka 60 lb injectors with pigtail $75ebay
Used Pcv 200$ebay
LCD 200 200$ebay
Map sensor gm 3 bar 40$ebay
Kms map bypass 85$ Kms
Used Turboxs blowoff 75$ebay
Header wrap 50$autozone
Heat shield 50$ebay
Stainless oil3/4 return line. 50$ Ebay
Stainless oil line 25$local race shop
Cvtech 300$ebay
Epi red sec spring 20$ebay
Turbo flanges 50$ local fab shop
Cp 9to1 pistons 450$ mcx turbos
Gasket kit 100$ canam dealership
Rzr fuel pressure regulator 40$ Ebay
Turbo blanket 60$ebay
Total 2400$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pictures???

·
Registered
761 Posts
That TE04h works good with only 60 lbs injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im guessing its a low boost build. I bet stock injectors are good for about 5lbs of boost.... Like I said im just guessing here....So maybe hes running like 7lbs. But with 9:1 pistons he could be boosting more then that...

·
Registered
761 Posts
You did a great job if this thing runs good. You put a lot of thought into it, wish I would have done the same instead of buying a sht system that I had to redo the whole dam thing anyways to get to run right. I have learned a ton from building this thing..

·
Registered
761 Posts
I waited to long to do the right pistons. I need an over size now. There being made by CP, 93mm. Should be a 1005 when done. I tryed to get MrRpm to get me a 9.1 big bore 1120 kit but he hasnt had time..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Would rather not say what I got into this stupid build, Its just a hobby. Like I said if I were to do it again I would have just bought a kit. The time I spent looking for parts and fixing this Maverick and all the rides I missed out on is not worth the trouble to me to piece together. Not sure if the MCX is set up and ready to run with no problems, but hell I have a lot of time and money figuring this turbo system out..

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will be trying to fab an intake that comes from the back as soon as I get me Maverick back together. The only problems I see are losing the cup heaters and possibly the passenger grab handle. But it would sure cut down on turbo lag..

·
Registered
761 Posts
From a roll your RPMs should already be up around 7000 and turbo already spooled, Im worried about dead start and how long till I see boost. I ride a lot at the dunes and im sure will be racing from the bottom to the top of the hill from a dead start. Couldnt imagine waiting for the boost to kick in why the guy next to me with a stock 12.1 compression Maverick pulls away..

I could be wrong since I only have about 10 miles on my old set up, but there was a "bit" of lag..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts