Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here done a custom turbo setup on a Maverick or Commander? I have the tools/ability to make my own setup, but am unsure of what size turbo to go with and where to get the proper flanges and how to run the engine management. Silber says the plastic manifolds wont hold up under boost, so I would need to fab those as well. Im sure the cost to build my own setup would be much lower then purchasing a kit from someone. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they have injector bungs, they are ready to run on an ATV, or a Commander, but would require custom plumbing like for a turbo.
You have pictures of the intakes you could send? Price on a set?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Anyone doing a DIY kit, post up parts and whatnot used. I have the ability and would like to build a kit for my Maverick eventually

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Anyone consider running the stock pistons and using E85? I wonder what kind of boost limitations there would be running it that way. Obviously you would need to run some stupid large injectors, and I'm not sure the stock fuel pump could provide enough flow. I really dislike the idea of dropping the compression down 3 points to run the turbo. Out of boost it will be a gutless turd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts