Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done a custom turbo setup on a Maverick or Commander? I have the tools/ability to make my own setup, but am unsure of what size turbo to go with and where to get the proper flanges and how to run the engine management. Silber says the plastic manifolds wont hold up under boost, so I would need to fab those as well. Im sure the cost to build my own setup would be much lower then purchasing a kit from someone. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
The maverick intake didn't hold up they still use the commander manifold I believe on the maverick with there turbo kit

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Do they have the provisions for injectors ect?
You would think they must have something otherwise how would it work?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would think they must have something otherwise how would it work?
He may of cast them without injector bungs, if someone wanted to maybe run 2 injectors? Ya never know, thats why I'm asking..

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes, they have injector bungs, they are ready to run on an ATV, or a Commander, but would require custom plumbing like for a turbo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they have injector bungs, they are ready to run on an ATV, or a Commander, but would require custom plumbing like for a turbo.
You have pictures of the intakes you could send? Price on a set?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
search the commander forum there is a few turbo guys over there custom set up !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mearsman, you sure are bumping a lot of turbo threads. What's going on in your garage?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Well the oil leak is fixed so the money I saved for the big bore kit to rebuild the motor with it now gonna be used to force a lot of air and fuel into that 1000 cc rotax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
what was the issue on the oil leak? What did they find was the culprit?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ahhh ok. I thought you had already replaced the seal a few times. Did they just now release a new seal? Do you know the P/N?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I don't know the part number. But the new seal is black and the old one is orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 117 Posts