Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my cage folded up when I 12 o'clocked it last October, I decided to do a custom cage. The OEM cage is thin, and offers no protection for the plastic - so that's what drove most of this build.

Specs:
7 20' sticks of 1.75" .120 tubing
1 20' stick of 1.25" .120 tubing
Rogue4 40" Sigma light bar -front
Rogue4 10" Sigma light bar - rear
Wet Sounds WS-420 with aux and ipod input
Wet Sounds SD6 6-channel amp
Wet Sounds kick panels with SW-650's
Wet Sounds SS10 in passenger side enclosure
Wet Sounds REV10's on tower with RGB LED's and opague grills
Stinger SPP1700 battery under drivers seat
Stinger 200A relay to isolate from OEM battery without key on

Amp is mounted behind switch panel

Ws-420 and aux input on dash

Battery tucked under drivers seat

Sub and kick panels

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks killer, love it. Probably my favorite to date. I like the rock sliders to. Need me a set of those!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. Can't really see it on the sliders, but the front has a notch cut in it to be able to wrap tighter on the bend on the front. Something else about the build, is that all angles and bends flow from the front, to the roof, and back. There are also no bar ends, all tubing goes to tubing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice job for sure. Do you know how much that cage weighs?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I have got to say that, that is one of the most top notch looking rides to date. Colors are nice and the way your rollbar flows together is so clean. Like desertdog asks, whats the weight and how many hours of missed driving time in making it. HA HA.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Your certainly protected but thats a shit load of .120 wall tubing. With that much support tubing everywhere, you could have used .093 tubing to save some weightand not lost any strength IMO. Still an impressive job tho.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I see carbon fiber body panels, true carbon fiber or just can-am plastics?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have got to say that, that is one of the most top notch looking rides to date. Colors are nice and the way your rollbar flows together is so clean. Like desertdog asks, whats the weight and how many hours of missed driving time in making it. HA HA.....
Honestly, I don't know. I think we were "figuring" around 250#. I dropped 10 turns off the preload on front shocks, and 6 turns off the rear shocks before setting the cage on. When the cage contacted the Maverick (I was lowering it down with an electric hoise by myself) the Maverick sagged about 1" at the most. I haven't weighed it, the only place near me is a Pilot truck stop and they bend me over everytime.

I see carbon fiber body panels, true carbon fiber or just can-am plastics?
Carbon fibber :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not sure what your career work is, but I love those nerf bars. I bet you could sell those

·
Registered
725 Posts
Now all u gotta do is hook my stereo up wire my winch and lights and run my snorkels and your ready to ride Johnny :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a walk in the park....

We're going to WITC on the 25th, you boating that weekend?

·
Registered
725 Posts
No but I think me and the ol lady are going camping/riding that weekend not sure where just yet

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then you're going to TN with us. Eric and Shane are going, and a few others. Big rock bouncing event going on that weekend. It's 1 hour South of Cool Springs Mall in Nashville

1 - 16 of 16 Posts