Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hopefully keeping the testing and lack of documentation needed compared to aircraft out of this design will help with cost. honestly, i just hope its not like $200 or something absurd. any half way reasonable price will be sufficient to get both of the drains.

to me, its not a $100+ type of expenditure that i want to incur just to do the oil. I already have the funnel that works well and guys like me who only change my oil once a year can spend a few extra minutes cleaning some oil up if needed. With the funnel, i think i had a couple minutes of wiping my tools off the last time i did it and didnt get a drop of oil on my skid. The pain point isnt that big i suppose. I can also drop it at the dealer almost as fast as i can get all my tools out to do it myself then theres no mess at all. LOL

I am planning to buy but just offering my further VOC comments on it after i was just reviewing our VOC document for my current NPD project at work.

steve

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
338 Posts
Agreed. I have Fumoto valves on my Hummer and wife's Tahoe, but $25 is about the max that I will pay for a drain plug. The X3's double drains? Well, I'm thinking that they could both be tied to a single valve somehow, and for around $35-$40 would be a go for me. Otherwise...

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max Turbo R
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
bump

steve
Sorry, been a busy week. We are trying to get the production units for Can Am complete so we can send some to the Sand Sport show.

As far as the 2 drain question, it wont be necessary to pull both drains. Process is the key. We have been working with multiple service centers and Rotax to validate our findings. I will have more information to share soon!

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max Turbo R
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wanted to share the final performance numbers of the Curtis valve used in an X3 application. Total oil drained is 3.6 quarts. Complete oil change time of 11 minutes, which includes 2 minute warm up, filter change, and refill with oil. Only special tool used was 24" flex funnel to refill through the bed ports. Didn't spill a drop!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts