Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I'm wondering is if I will need an extra battery or anything else with a good sound system. I'm think about getting the Audioformz system with the 8" speakers, amp and the blue tooth receiver.
Do you have to put another battery or bigger one to support the amp draw?
How is your system setup?

thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
You won't have a lot of reserve time - just riding around, leaving it on between stops, etc, will be fine. Before I added an extra battery on my Maverick, I could play the stereo for almost 2 hours while it was parked and we were just hanging out. That system consisted of this: WS-420 preamp, SD6, and LED lighting. The first 2 products are Wet Sounds. Not sure what amps Audioformz uses, but the WS amps are pretty efficient and don't draw as much current as some of the other's like Kicker and Rockford.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the same top you are talking about smurf. I have never run it off the stock battery but I can blast the tunes for about 3 hours straight off an isolated 925 Odyssey battery, so you should be good to go at least an hour on the stock battery. I have since added a second 300W amp and 10" sub, it will only go about 1.5 hrs now before I need to charge up. I would recommend the second battery and isolator if you can spring for it, good piece of mind that you will always have enough power to start the engine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same exact setup you are inquiring about too. All the way down to the Sony Bluetooth Receiver... I ran mine a couple times for around a hour and never experienced any problems. I never sat anywhere for hours at a time just jamming though. Adding the extra battery as stated above wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same exact setup you are inquiring about too. All the way down to the Sony Bluetooth Receiver... I ran mine a couple times for around a hour and never experienced any problems. I never sat anywhere for hours at a time just jamming though. Adding the extra battery as stated above wouldn't be a bad idea.
You have just a I want and emailed you about. If I get a few things sold I might be making a road trip.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have added 2nd batteries with marine crossover switches to my last 5 utvs.
Honestly i add the batteries before i add any extras.
Amp,subwoofer,back up lights,front aux lights,winch,whip...it all adds up.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
No extra battery here and can play for hours without recranking with my kicker/iPod setup

·
Registered
557 Posts
I didnt add extra battery either just upgraded my stock POS and went to a XS MX950 its a little deeper but same width so I just modded the battery tray a little and I have good reserve capacity.The battery was pretty expensive $350 retail.I got it for free as we just picked up that line at my store. Very happy with its performance.Optima Is garbage! We have sold alot of Optima before switching to Kinetic and XS and they just dont last!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the 2 batteries and a marine crossover switch. I had on of those in a boat years ago.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where's the best place to connect the hot wire to on my Rugged Radio for power?
I'm not quite sure but I do know that here is a square plug under the dash for a warn winch that has 2 red wires coming from it. They are powered with 12 volts when the key is on. That may be a good start.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts