Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We now offer a replacement tie rod that uses the factory outer tie rod end.
Built from 1" 6061 Aluminum it will take more abuse than the factory rods at an affordable price.
A quick swap and no additional parts are needed with a lifetime warranty.

We are now making these in house due to the high demand for these parts.

$80 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Billet eye candy!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alex - Are these the same for the front or rear? I have your complete tie rod setup in the front but was thinking of only replacing the tie rods in the rear....also, any update on the shims for the bump steer?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are just for the front. I don't feel comfortable at this point trying to build a cheaper rear replacement than what I have. I really foresee rears becoming a problem within the next year or so for a lot of guys.
Let me bounce some ideas around in my head and see what I can come up with for a more budget friendly rear.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you considered making these out of 7075? How much more would it increase the cost?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't race, or really abuse my machine. I would consider myself an average recreational user. Mostly Oregon Dunes and some wooded trails. I will do some small jumps out on the sand and occasionally hit the whoops trails at higher speeds as it is a smoother ride. but that's about it. Just don't want a broken tie rod to end a weekend early.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
These are just for the front. I don't feel comfortable at this point trying to build a cheaper rear replacement than what I have. I really foresee rears becoming a problem within the next year or so for a lot of guys.
Let me bounce some ideas around in my head and see what I can come up with for a more budget friendly rear.
Alex - I'm not a racer but I do play hard so I am just looking to make it a bit more bullet proof if you know what I mean. I trust your judgement and will wait to see what you can come up with for a replacement tie rod for the rear.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you considered making these out of 7075? How much more would it increase the cost?
Yes, but this is a cost efficient replacement and its not necessary IMO being solid 1" and having a life time warranty.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me work on some stuff. I have 2 stock machines coming in these week so we'll have some good stuff coming out within the next month and a half!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Alex,
My replacement rods came in yesterday and look real good. Unfortunately I won't have time to replace them before this weekend but they're definitely getting loaded in the trailer 'just in case'.
Hey I didn't even know they were a lifetime warranty but I kinda knew you'd back them anyhow if something did happen. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alex,
My replacement rods came in yesterday and look real good. Unfortunately I won't have time to replace them before this weekend but they're definitely getting loaded in the trailer 'just in case'.
Hey I didn't even know they were a lifetime warranty but I kinda knew you'd back them anyhow if something did happen. Thanks.
It takes about 10-15 minutes per-side to do them…..I would find the time so you don't have to make the time over the weekend!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I put my CT Racing tie rods on a couple days ago and I am very happy with them. Easy install but I wasn't as fast as heavysledz. I took about 30 minutes per side cause I was taking my time and being probably too anal at some points of the install.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I put my CT Racing tie rods on a couple days ago and I am very happy with them. Easy install but I wasn't as fast as heavysledz. I took about 30 minutes per side cause I was taking my time and being probably too anal at some points of the install.
Do get me wrong….I took much longer because I was taking pictures and I did the front gussets at the same time. Just saying, if he was in a hurry, he could swap them out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Do get me wrong….I took much longer because I was taking pictures and I did the front gussets at the same time. Just saying, if he was in a hurry, he could swap them out pretty quickly.
I don't know heavy. You beat me to those pics of the cvt intake too. I'm getting old and slow. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts