Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been talking with Alex (Areed) from CT Racing for months about his new suspension set up. Two weeks ago I pulled the shocks, removed the springs and shipped them to him. Communication before, during and after the process has been great, he got them turned around in record time.

Before shipping I did a few tests: even at full restricted rebound, I could easily pull the shaft out with one hand. Compression as weak as well. Once returned I did the same test: Rebound is much more controlled, compresion is smoother.

Was in a hurry to get clutch tuning done so put the stock springs back on and went to the small track in my field. We have some nasty section that simulate bad conditions. In the tight flat corner I could plant the rear tire and the Mav would launch. Off the debris pile, the rear lands flat and sticks - no bucking. The whoop section is currently covered with brush, so no test there. Overall the entire ride felt more controlled.
The dual rates go on this week and hopefully some tuning at the dunes before we race COORP on Saturday.

Revalved shock, schrader conversion and the steeker.

Also got the front and rear tie rods installed as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Springs arrived!
Here is a bare shock with the top adjuster, cross over rings, slider and bottom mount

When installing the cross over rings be sure the threads are 100% clean, and I use silicone as a lube, never want to screw aluminum on aluminum dry.
Springs installed

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... have you tested the shocks yet ???
Have not had the time to play with it much. Rode TFS over the holiday- not much room to open it up. Did some crawling- flexes great. Was able to open it up for a short distance on the powerline trail- feels "planted", rear end does not bottom out nor kick. Felt like the Trophy Truck did, very controlable and stable at speed, not harsh or twitchy. On the steep rocky/ rough climbs it blasted right up them. Still have some minor tuning to do, but it is a HUGE improvement over stock. Worth every $.
Might try and hit Florence in a week or so to blast the whoops.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also just received my dual spring set up from Alex. This Saturdays race will be the first 'hardcore" test of the suspension but I can tell you from what little bit Ive ridden it, that it is night and dat different. Smoother when cruising and very plush on harsh terrain at high speeds. It stays planted no matter what. It will even cut doughnuts on pavement without even thinking about rolling over (I still do not recommend trying this lol)

If you are on the fence about this, GO FOR IT! You wont regret it.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This is on my to do list of mods but most likely will have to wait until next yr

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I don't know of a shock package out there that is softer than the factory ride at low speed or on very rough trails, doesn't buck, and still doesn't bottom on high speed whoops or big jumps without having to touch an adjuster to cater to multiple terrains. It does it all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im getting mine tomorrow. Can't wait. A 100 mile race on Saturday then Short Course next Saturday. Gonna show them PoPo's Whats up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts