Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have been working with Alex at CT Race Worx for the last few months to get the suspension valving working good on my Max XRS with the 2.5 FOX Shox . The stock suspension works great for most places but we ride fast at Glamis and I wanted to stop the rear end bucking up in the Whoops. The whoops at Glamis are some times super huge and tough to handle for most cars.
So Alex has been tweeking the Valving and I keep going out to test and sending info to Alex and we got the Valving Down Pretty damn good now and the ride is soft yet handles stuff really nice.
Now he got me the Dual Rate springs and Im running those now and what a difference. I haven't had a chance to get back out to Glamis with the dual rate springs to test them there yet. I did test them locally in some Whoops and with my brother and a friend onboard we ripped through a whoop field at 63+ MPH and it handled it no problem. Then I did a 60 mile ride to crown king from lake pleasant and it Rode awesome on the trails and ruts, made for a nice day not getting totally beat up. I haven't even messed with the adjustment knobs yet. kinda forgot. LOL.
I need to get back to Glamis and hit the G outs hard to and see how the Bottoming out goes on a fast Ride.
More testing and tuning but I think Alex has it nailed right now.
Im still learning how to Dial it in and trying to communicate what it does to Alex so he can grasp whats going on. My Daughter is my Videographer and she Videos it going through the whoops and we share those with Alex so he can see what it does and we go from there.
I will Report back after some more testing. 20140404_110549.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good deal...Alex is the man! Can you post up some of the videos?

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good deal...Alex is the man! Can you post up some of the videos?
I will find some of the First ones. We Made. I don't have any with the Dual Rate Springs yet since my daughter has been out with me to the Desert Whoop section. Soon though I will make a special trip out to do it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have to say the same! Alex reeds stuff is fantastic. My machine is so much faster with his setup, it just eats up massive whoops and washouts. I have so much more control of the maverick today than I did before. Even the novice driver would benifit greatly from his dual rate set up. Thanks again Alex!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Warlock, you are running a Max correct?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warlock, you are running a Max correct?
Yeah this is on my Max , and I'm trying to also get it where it's dialed in for 2 people on board and also learning where to set it up for 4 people. getting it dialed for all 4 kids or adults will be a little bit challenging.

I hit a good wash out in the river bottom with my brother and a friend on board at 50+ and he puckered up and grabbed the Ohh shit bar then afterward was like wow it handled that hit no problem and asked if I saw it coming and I did. Lol.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to the desert for an hr and played with the car for a bit and turned some knobs and getting to know what the dual rates will do for me and Im getting it dialed in through some nasty whoops at 65 mph with one hand on the wheel. Gotta be able to hold beverage of choice with out spilling it and your good to go. LOL. New shock test theory. Hehehehe

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
147 Posts
So is this the service/shock package that he has advertised on his web page for $1250?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yes it is, and it's worth it! Amazed be the tuning options with this setup

·
Registered
147 Posts
Being part of this forum really is starting to break the bank!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, it seems like every time I log in I open my wallet!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah No kidding. This is something I want to get done this offseason but tryting to figure out how to make it happen.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you already have a price or still working on it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts