Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go!

Auto part Suspension part Vehicle Suspension Car

If you're looking to have a competitive edge on your buddies and the competition look no more. This is the biggest game changer for the handling of the Can Am Maverick. Introducing the CT Race Worx front sway bar kit.
We have had this sway bar in testing since the spring of 2014 to ensure that we have created a combination that works perfect in all situations. This will completely change the handling of the vehicle for both racers and trail riders wanting to go faster and have a more controllable ride with tighter handling.

This setup is stiff enough to completely handle the body roll, but still allow "stock like" suspension articulation in the rocks. The arms have adjustability in 3 different mounting points which changes the leverage on arm, creating a stiffer or looser sway bar. We almost completely eliminated the lifting of the inside rear tire during cornering and hard braking greatly increasing corning speed. We've tested with stock shocks and also with our CT Race Worx shock packages.

Installation requires drilling 4 holes in the frame and trimming the inner fenders, the rest is bolt on. Installation time is roughly 2 hours.

Fits ALL Maverick models except the 60" wide XXC model.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here we go!

View attachment 23577

If you're looking to have a competitive edge on your buddies and the competition look no more. This is the biggest game changer for the handling of the Can Am Maverick. Introducing the CT Race Worx front sway bar kit.
We have had this sway bar in testing since the spring of 2014 to ensure that we have created a combination that works perfect in all situations. This will completely change the handling of the vehicle for both racers and trail riders wanting to go faster and have a more controllable ride with tighter handling.

This setup is stiff enough to completely handle the body roll, but still allow "stock like" suspension articulation in the rocks. The arms have adjustability in 3 different mounting points which changes the leverage on arm, creating a stiffer or looser sway bar. We almost completely eliminated the lifting of the inside rear tire during cornering and hard braking greatly increasing corning speed. We've tested with stock shocks and also with our CT Race Worx shock packages.

Installation requires drilling 4 holes in the frame and trimming the inner fenders, the rest is bolt on. Installation time is roughly 2 hours.

Fits ALL Maverick models except the 60" wide XXC model.
Great to hear Alex. I have an order for one with you already. Hope to hear from you very soon

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
This setup is stiff enough to completely handle the body roll, but still allow "stock like" suspension articulation in the rocks. We've tested with stock shocks and also with our CT Race Worx shock packages.
That answers all my questions. We were wondering about how the sway bar would handle the different riding styles we have, rocks gravel roads, desert washes and dunes. Damn, my parts list keeps growing for this machine.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I have been waiting on Alex to list this. Went to the CT Raceworx site looking for the discount price on the sway bar. And found he has a smoking deal on the stretch kit!! Decisions decisions

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been waiting on Alex to list this. Went to the CT Raceworx site looking for the discount price on the sway bar. And found he has a smoking deal on the stretch kit!! Decisions decisions
Stretch kits are $600 off. Huge deal

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can tell the guys with the shorter wheelbase that this makes a huge difference in the way it handles and the way it'll take a 30" tire now on all four corners and not rub. Well worth the money!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wait a minute.... This allows a 30" tire with no rub?? How?

NOT saying your wrong.... Just saying I want to understand

·
Registered
576 Posts
Alex,just wanted give you some feed back on the front sway bar i ordered and installed last fall. Didnt get to ride it until yesterday because i was healing from back surgery. Now that i am healed and ready for a winter of riding in AZ, just want to let you know that with your shock package and front sway bar it has the perfect balance between ride and handling. Thank you once again for a great product and your time on the phone to help when needed. Darrell

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Absolutely. People will see that this kit is a incredible improvement on the suspension and handling. We have not had 1 single bad thing said about the sway bar.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Alex, I have your sway bar kit. It works well.
A quick question..how free should the carry-through bar be?
After hearing some creaking and groaning noises coming from the bar, I removed the rose joint linkages and found it quite difficult to move the bar by hand. It was very stiff and hard to rotate and made the groaning noise that I was hearing.
Should I be concerned, or is this normal?

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Alex, I have your sway bar kit. It works well.
A quick question..how free should the carry-through bar be?
After hearing some creaking and groaning noises coming from the bar, I removed the rose joint linkages and found it quite difficult to move the bar by hand. It was very stiff and hard to rotate and made the groaning noise that I was hearing.
Should I be concerned, or is this normal?
Mine will not stay up under it's own weight when working on the front end. I have to zip tie it up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.