Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my review of not only the shock set up but also the customer service I received from Alex Reed.
I realized I needed to try something different after racing my maverick with the stock shock & spring package. After the first 45 mins my shocks were fading bad and bottoming out so bad I thought they broke. I was all over the place at speed & couldn't turn without feeling like I was tipping over and the whoops beat the crap out of me. Talked to Alex the Monday after the race. We talked for a while about what I was looking for (better cornering, softer ride,the ability to go thru a section of whoops without going to the doctor, and didn't want the shocks faded out after 45 mins). When I got them I called after hours for help setting them up and he always answered. Took them out last month to a short course and was amazed by how they soaked the bumps up, how much more stable it felt, and no bucking over jumps anymore.
I went to do some more testing last week with a group of friends. A few mavericks with other aftermarket suspension setups and a few rzr's. The track had BIG washouts an jumps and we were driving the snot out of these machines trying to get them race ready. My maverick just floated over these washouts and handles the jumps very well. I got to drive a friends maverick with other aftermarket shocks and honestly his beat the absolute shit out of me. Those washouts were brutal on his rig and I never felt comfortable enough to jump it, that being said he likes his setup and it suits his riding style.after driving other setups I realized I made the absolute best choice I could make for how I drive. Just wanted to say thanks again to Alex for all his help building the shocks and after the sale helping me dial it in.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Alex Reed is the best in the biz when it comes to Maverick parts. Hands down, no comparison. Dude loves his job and loves side by sides. Alex will always be my first call. His wife Anny has to be pretty bad ass to, to let him answer the phone no matter when you call.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice write up Driller.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That's good to hear because I just shipped my shocks out to him. Can't wait to get them back!

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could have gone on forever but I wanted to keep it to the point lol. Thanks desert dog!

·
Registered
395 Posts
He is on his game, I can attest to his work! Hey Driller was that 2.0 or 2.5 shocks? I just got thru with the 2.0 testing and I LIKE.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm ready to send him my 2.0's as soon as he's ready for them.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
640 Posts
Don't overload him! He has to have time to finish testing setups for my XXC!!! Which I am sure will be as great as the big boy rides!

·
Registered
640 Posts
now that is a ride I want to try!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine are boxed and shipping to him tomorrow. Cant wait to see if its everything people say

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mine are boxed and shipping to him tomorrow. Cant wait to see if its everything people say
Same here, mine shipped today. Really anxious to see how they are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have his setup since three month, works flawless and it's the best money I threw towards the Mav, hands down.
Bought some other goodies from Alex as well, all are exceptional.
Customer service is top notch.

Keep it up Alex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love titties. I'll be sending mine in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
1 - 20 of 214 Posts