Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We now have gussets available!

These will reinforce the mounting points of the front control arms that have been known to bend or tweak from hard hits.

Built from 3/16 cold rolled steel these are some of the most durable pieces on the market.
We tried several different thickness's including 14 gauge, 11 gauge (1/8") to 7 gauge (3/16). After several design changes and setups we decided it was worth the extra weight to go with the thicker pieces due to trail debris bending the thinner pieces. They will come with longer hardware where needed.

We are in the process of working on a upper gusset that we will release shortly to complete the kit.

We offer these in Yellow and Black and soon in Red as soon as one comes to a local dealer and we can match the powder.

$100 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Got a pic of them installed?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Mine are not powdered as they were the test pieces, the production pieces are slightly different than the ones pictured here.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice work

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I installed my gusset kit last night along with the new sick looking tie rods….I did have a fitment issue with the front plate alignment but I am 99% confident that it was due to lack of tolerance on the factory welds (last 3 pics). I measured the A-arm mounts in reference to the center line of the frame and they were off between 1/8" and 1/4 inch side-to-side and top to bottom. So I had to file down the gusset plate slightly as well as the A-arm mounts to make everything line up correctly and ended up with zero slop. I used a round hand file and a stone wheel on a Dremel tool to take of just the right amount of material. The rear gusset was a very snug fit and a bugger to get on but no alignment issues once I got it lined up. Overall rating 2 THUMBS UP! Very high quality products and now I have piece of mind that I can pound on it without any front end damage….

Thanks Alex and CT RACING for a first class product! You have my future business for sure…..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks....usually you only hear about the bad experiences so I wanted to give credit for a good product and vendor.

Reactions: prtymrcr

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ordered the gusset kit not knowing if it would work with the factory winch mount. After installing the front gusset plate I went to put the bumper back in and it just barely didn't fit.

So, I took the winch mount off and unbolted the winch from the mount. I then drilled holes in the winch plate 1.25" on center forward from the stock mounting holes. Then, I used a 1/2" bit and bored the holes out to accommodate the tapered head bolts that came with the winch. Bolted everything back up and now I have plenty of clearance. I used the winch about a half a dozen times last weekend and the structural integrity of the winch mount is not decreased at all. It was an easy mod to the winch plate and probably took me an extra 30 minutes on the install.

Here's some pics:

uploadfromtaptalk1378400382907.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378400403779.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378400424508.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378400442793.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378400464423.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378400483601.jpg

Reactions: Max1000r

·
Registered
461 Posts
No problem Alex. The only downfall to this set up is that you can't see that fancy "ct" you cut into the plate anymore! Lol.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this gusset kit fit the max?

If so, please PM me a price for red one's

thanks,
Yup. Same price, $100 for the set. Ill have to get a batch done in red.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's been brought to my attention from two of my customers that there is a fitment issue with the brace that ties the rear mounting points of the front lower control arms together.
We have new pieces getting cut this week and will be shipping new ones out to everyone that has ordered them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Alex your a standup guy and awesome vendor!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had this problem with my UTV Inc brace as well. Really makes me believe that Can Am change something during production. Thicker metal mounts is what I suspected but my driver side hole location was not lining up either but that may be due to tolerance on my machine.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
different problem……mine hit the zerk fittings and snapped them off….not enough clearance on the cutout….

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
different problem……mine hit the zerk fittings and snapped them off….not enough clearance on the cutout….
This is one of the fitment issues that has been addressed.

1 - 20 of 255 Posts