Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Dynojet to get me a new RPM pickup and asked them what they got for max HP on a Maverick when they did the fuel maps they have. None topped 50hp so my numbers and theirs are consistent.

How or why anyone else is getting 70 I can't say.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Seems kinda excessive to be losing 50 hp thru the drive train though.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Maybe it has to do with the way the vehicles are held in place. Idk but something's different.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know but it really means nothing to me, we are looking for improvements not numbers. I dynoed a Brute Force I built with a 840 kit, plus one valves, port heads and throttle body and it only laid down 56hp with dyno tires. Not too impressive but this guy drag raced it and he smoked everyone.

So let's not focus on the number but the gains. Meaning if we get a baseline of 50 do some mods that give us 10 then that is a big gain but if we showed 100 and gained 10 it would not mean much. The before and after is what is important. The dyno is just a tool to quantify the result.

·
Registered
95 Posts
16 rwhp from a exhaust little fishy lol some shop do dyno tricks to make it look like it made a lot more hp

Oh I agree indeed. I really wished they would have done a solid baseline before putting everything on. I'm realitively new to the whole CVT thing but do you think not having the clutch dialed in for the initial run would make that difference? My guess is those 2 charts are practically garbage data since it's not a true before/after and that final number of 71 was with a clutch that according to the tach, won't go over 7400rpm. I'm just going to unpost them for now. Once the clutch is properly dialed in I'll repost the final chart. Also the same shop is supposed to have a factory Maverick come in soon that they're going to dyno. So that'll atleast establish some baseline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts