Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My maverick is all stock including the clutches. I changed the clutch weights and now it wants to creep when in gear. This also makes it hard to shift. It never done this until I changed the weights and scotch brighter the drive clutch faces. What would cause this and how to fix it.
thanks in advance, G2

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the bearing installed wrong? I had it off. Didn't know there was a wrong way to put it back on. Maybe those little ears are in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping no body would ask but here goes. There is a spring retainer that sits next to the bearing and some how it got left out so the spring was resting against the bearing. The problem is I do not know where it is or went to. Looked high and low and can't find it anywhere. Kind of wondering if the dealer didn't leave it out on accident when they added the new bolt. I left all the parts on the floor board and it hadn't moved. A mystery for sure. O well I will getting a new one tomorrow morning bright and early. Kind of feel like a fool but I wish I could find it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was hoping no body would ask but here goes. There is a spring retainer that sits next to the bearing and some how it got left out so the spring was resting against the bearing. The problem is I do not know where it is or went to. Looked high and low and can't find it anywhere. Kind of wondering if the dealer didn't leave it out on accident when they added the new bolt. I left all the parts on the floor board and it hadn't moved. A mystery for sure. O well I will getting a new one tomorrow morning bright and early. Kind of feel like a fool but I wish I could find it.
No need to be embarrassed. Shit happens to all of us. Sharing this with the forum might help the next guy from learning the same thing the hard way.....were abouts in Idaho are you from and what dealer did you buy your Maverick from?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live north of Pocatello out in the farm lands. My machine come from high adventure power sports out of SLC. I can't hardly think they left it out but I don't remember ever seeing it and I can't find it. I guess I have to take the blame. Do you know anybody that has one of them. My dealer said he would have to order it and that puts me down for a week at the minimum.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I live north of Pocatello out in the farm lands. My machine come from high adventure power sports out of SLC. I can't hardly think they left it out but I don't remember ever seeing it and I can't find it. I guess I have to take the blame. Do you know anybody that has one of them. My dealer said he would have to order it and that puts me down for a week at the minimum.
So you are a stones throw from St. Anthony dunes! I am jealous....if you are in a pinch and need it now, I could send you the one off of my stock clutch. I pulled my clutch at around 100 miles to put on aftermarket so it looks like new. And when you get the new one, send me the used one back.....let me know.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Did you try the dealer in Rexburg id?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Talk to Chase out there.. see if he can help you any quicker.... :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you are a stones throw from St. Anthony dunes! I am jealous....if you are in a pinch and need it now, I could send you the one off of my stock clutch. I pulled my clutch at around 100 miles to put on aftermarket so it looks like new. And when you get the new one, send me the used one back.....let me know.
Can't thank you enough for the offer but I found one at rexburg motor. I should have it Monday. Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully I will be riding soon. The weather has been near 40 degrees so not to cold.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Can't thank you enough for the offer but I found one at rexburg motor. I should have it Monday. Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully I will be riding soon. The weather has been near 40 degrees so not to cold.
Good deal. Glad you found one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts