Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has posted a fairly definitive list of necessary tools and supplies for a multi-day trip. Here's what I have so far:

Helmet
Gloves
Tools (Metric)
3/8 Socket set 10mm-19mm
Ratchet Wrenches 10mm-19mm
Tire Pump
Tire Plug Kit
Tow Strap
Jack
Shovel (Folding or full size?)
Volt Meter
Wire Ties
Duct Tape
Electrical Tape
Dot 4 Brake Fluid
Spare Oil
Spare TX Fluid
Jumper Cables
Spare Seat Bumper Cushions (I hear they break off easily)
Rubber Gloves
Spare CVT Belt
Spare Air Filter
2 Way Radios
TP
Water
Food
Sunscreen
Bug Repellant
Head Lamp (w/ spare batts)
Map(s)
GPS (w/ spare batts)
Med Kit
Rope
Survival Kit
Roscoe (.40 cal)

Is it necessary to carry:
Grease Gun?
Spare Brake Pads?
Torque Wrench?
Wife?
Mother-in-Law???

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bottom I'd say is all unessasary, grease before you go and you'll be fine. Quite an extensive list but I can see it all being handy at one point. Although some stuff you will prolly never use , it's nice to have for piece of mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say a pair of push pin pliers. THose things are a real PITA to get out in the best conditions and on the trail, those pliers would eliminate a lot of frustration.

Also, I always take one of those emergency space blankets and something to start a fire with. Just in case. Oh, and a cheap rain poncho.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wondering if anyone has posted a fairly definitive list of necessary tools and supplies for a multi-day trip. Here's what I have so far:

Helmet
Gloves
Tools (Metric)
3/8 Socket set 10mm-19mm
Ratchet Wrenches 10mm-19mm
Tire Pump
Tire Plug Kit
Tow Strap
Jack
Shovel (Folding or full size?)
Volt Meter
Wire Ties
Duct Tape
Electrical Tape
Dot 4 Brake Fluid
Spare Oil
Spare TX Fluid
Jumper Cables
Spare Seat Bumper Cushions (I hear they break off easily)
Rubber Gloves
Spare CVT Belt
Spare Air Filter
2 Way Radios
TP
Water
Food
Sunscreen
Bug Repellant
Head Lamp (w/ spare batts)
Map(s)
GPS (w/ spare batts)
Med Kit
Rope
Survival Kit
Roscoe (.40 cal)

Is it necessary to carry:
Grease Gun?
Spare Brake Pads?
Torque Wrench?
Wife?
Mother-in-Law???
add an 8mm ratcheting wrench and socket to your list for easy removal of your CVT cover.

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^^^^8mm ratchet wrench^^^^^ 7mm socket for the hose clamps on the CVT cover and definitely some push pin pliers. I always carry two belts, if one breaks then you end up scared to break another one and end up not having as much fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so far I'm adding 8mm tools (socket and ratchet wrench) 7mm socket, 2 belts (not just one), and push pin pliers. My survival kit has the space blankie and fire starter. I like the add-on of the rain poncho, too. I'm ditching the grease gun, torque wrench, and spare brake pads.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Oh you will also need a compliment of hex drivers or socket attachments if you have to pull any of the panels that are using them. I use a phillips screwdriver for my hose clamps in lieu of a 7mm socket but either will work.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Dang man you going gold panning in Alaska. One thing I like that has not come up yet are those neat little compressed air bottles, sure a shop in your area will have them,not cheap but a heck of a nice thing to be carrying.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ratchet strap to put the tire back on the rim, can of slime only to use as last resort. Fire extinguisher in case any of your friends have popos.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I carry long thin extension for 8mm for side cover removal, and a large extension for banging on things, glue for tires if not in kit, an igniter for fires and glue, and a small spray bottle to look for air leaks, long rope, spare parts consisting of bolts/screws and nuts, there are extensive lists of tools on the 3 can am sites to double check

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I noticed you had a tire pump on the list. I carry a small air compressor. I got a Slime brand and it works great. Besides you might as well make use of that 12 volt power plug in the Maverick. Oh and instead of jumper cables you might want to take a look at one of those Antigravity Micro Start XP-1 chargers. Very compact. Probably more so then your cables.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Although some stuff you will prolly never use
Like the Mother-in-law, but the wife could come in handy if it gets real cold at night....and depending on how long of a trip and when the last time you got some...Just say'n...:crazy:

Reactions: Helicopper

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You will find after riding for a while that your huge list will shrink down because you never use the half of it. You ride up in my neck of the woods and basically I carry a tool bag under my seat that has most of the tools suggested on here, an extra belt, tire repair kit, small compressor and a few survival items to get you through a day or two and a good communication device. Any repairs beyoned a belt or tire, your not going to have the parts you need anyways. Its just best to ride with someone else that way they can tow you home or vice versa if something happens and vehicle maintainence/prechecks before your ride is the most important thing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Reactions: Helicopper
1 - 20 of 35 Posts