Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
thanks. I plan that they will open with the door. compatibility will be with original door trims, with original aluminum doors. I read a lot that all offers on the market do not have windows for ventilation. I think i something made as option
Take a look at my red x3 pictures, sliding vent window built in on drivers window using 1/4” aluminum channels, window tape, felt strips and polycarbonate. It’s held up for a year, allowing access to inner door handle and helps ventilation a lot .

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
View attachment 289683
View attachment 289685 View attachment 289684
I built these at home, 1/8” polycarbonate smoked . Aluminum angel and channel for light weight, aluminum mirror mounts, installed well nuts for quick removal. There are air leaks, but the machine is full of factory air leaks so not an issue. I should have used 3/16” poly , I can tow with windows on but the catch a lot of air and flop around a lot. I added two attachment points to keep them secure while towing. I can’t find scratch resistant polycarbonate that is tinted anywhere so maybe a high quality ceramic coating would work. Hope my input helps. If you develop a quality design and product for under a thousand US dollars it will sell.
I'll tell you, great job. I really like your result. we will also use aluminum, but not corners, just aluminum. I will try to show the result today. the price will be up to $ 1000 with delivery. we have already seen all the gaps that we get and developed seals. Tomorrow we will print them on a 3D printer for verification and if everything is perfect, we will start the production of rubber seals.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
we reviewed over 15 buggies, all perfect.to all this we will have the ability to adjust to the desired angle. you don’t need to cut anything. the set of windows will be compatible with many windshields, now we are thinking about the original windshield that has a profile. about loops and weight, we also take this moment into account, thanks for your attention. weight is the most important thing we want to get after design.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Take a look at my red x3 pictures, sliding vent window built in on drivers window using 1/4” aluminum channels, window tape, felt strips and polycarbonate. It’s held up for a year, allowing access to inner door handle and helps ventilation a lot .
we haven't finished the windows yet, but we have the sliding window ready. we use aluminum, mill it, make 2 window fixation formats. I can't wait to present it to you. obsessed with this idea

· Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. this is only one product we put up for sale. the price is high unfortunately because of the delivery. Estimated shipping cost is $250. but there will always be discounts for forum members.
if you have an example of reliable loops at hand, we could make them and lay them out for customers as a bonus with their purchase
Im not sure what you mean by loops. Sounds like a professional job you’re doing. I spent a lot of hours making templates, cutting out windows by hand with jigsaw. Cutting and bending aluminum by hand etc. I probably have 40 or more hours making mine, most people would prefer to buy them so if your final product Is great, I think you’ll do well. Keeping price under $1000 is important- do your best!

· Registered
X3 XRS R Triple Black
3,019 Posts
View attachment 289683
View attachment 289685 View attachment 289684
I built these at home, 1/8” polycarbonate smoked . Aluminum angel and channel for light weight, aluminum mirror mounts, installed well nuts for quick removal. There are air leaks, but the machine is full of factory air leaks so not an issue. I should have used 3/16” poly , I can tow with windows on but the catch a lot of air and flop around a lot. I added two attachment points to keep them secure while towing. I can’t find scratch resistant polycarbonate that is tinted anywhere so maybe a high quality ceramic coating would work. Hope my input helps. If you develop a quality design and product for under a thousand US dollars it will sell.
Well Done 👍🏼

· Registered
190 Posts
Nice job on the side windows. The driver side has an aluminum section up a few inches from the top of the door. The passenger side does not. What was the reason for that difference. I think your right 3/16 or even 1/4” material may have been better. When I had the gull wing doors I had two inside latches to keep them closed. My 4 door Maverick had only front door windows none in the back. So I had to reach in from the back seats to latch when towing.

· Registered
77 Posts
Nice job on the side windows. The driver side has an aluminum section up a few inches from the top of the door. The passenger side does not. What was the reason for that difference. I think your right 3/16 or even 1/4” material may have been better. When I had the gull wing doors I had two inside latches to keep them closed. My 4 door Maverick had only front door windows none in the back. So I had to reach in from the back seats to latch when towing.
The aluminum is channeled and for my sliding window, I only did that on drivers side. I have a Velcro strap on inside of glass I strap to roll bar to keep windows secure, also added a flip down lever that can be turned from in or out of vehicle to secure front edge of windows. The vent window is also for access to inner door handle, the passenger door has strap at rear of door you can pull from outside. I Recently ordered new handles that are accessible from inside and outside.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
There are small gaps between the body and the glass itself, but we plan to remove them with seals. We don't have the right size on market, so we'll make our own, this is a very expensive pleasure. But we like to do parts not marketing. Therefore, we do not regret our efforts.

· Registered
77 Posts
View attachment 289766
many people have complained about the lack of a sliding window. be good, we begin it 🤫
Yeah a slider is really nice, mine is small but still helps a lot with ventilation. If the entire front half of door glass slid back that would be awesome but take some engineering with track and hardware that I wasn’t willing to do at the time. When I replace current door windows I may rethink that. I’m interested in what you come up with. I’d suggest offering solid non vented option, and a sliding option if price will be an issue.

· Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
190 Posts
@REFINERIDE

You guys work fast. Keep up the good work. I believe a lot of us are excited to see your journey with this product. :cool:

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yeah a slider is really nice, mine is small but still helps a lot with ventilation. If the entire front half of door glass slid back that would be awesome but take some engineering with track and hardware that I wasn’t willing to do at the time. When I replace current door windows I may rethink that. I’m interested in what you come up with. I’d suggest offering solid non vented option, and a sliding option if price will be an issue.
I thought to do as you say. in front of the shift by half, but then there is a large thickness of the frame that closes the view. as mentioned above, Maverick is a well-ventilated technique. and mostly side windows are used in the cold season with the stove and in the dirty season. in summer, few people will drive with glasses, the only option is with the use of air conditioning)

21 - 40 of 93 Posts