Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from Ukraine!
I'm very often asked to design and manufacture side windows or upper doors for Maverick X3 2-seater and 4-seater series.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do it, but the end market is located in Ukraine, and as you know it's heavily affected because of the war. So, if I were to develop this solution, I'm looking at other markets for its distribution.
So, if I make the decision to do it, I can promise you that this product will be the best-crafted, technological, lightest and classiest: no pipes, no thick gaskets and no gaps to blow wind into. The whole solution will be bolt on. We're also not planning to dump the competition, we just honestly want to make a decent product for you and help our country with our work!
Please let me know what you like and dislike about the other manufacturers glass so we can take into account all the flaws. And after that we'll present the best product designed for the most demanding customers within two weeks.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

· Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
446 Posts
Interesting idea. You'll need them to open with the doors (or possibly hinge up?), so not sure how the framework will be attached. Also, what about opening/venting?

Reactions: REFINERIDE

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting idea. You'll need them to open with the doors (or possibly hinge up?), so not sure how the framework will be attached. Also, what about opening/venting?
thanks. I plan that they will open with the door. compatibility will be with original door trims, with original aluminum doors. I read a lot that all offers on the market do not have windows for ventilation. I think i something made as option

· Registered
179 Posts
Sorry no photos it was a while ago. With reference to your sketch. The shaded area red and as far as the blue area, where it starts was a fixed piece. I used aluminum channel that was 3/16” wide x 3/8” high for the framing. The latches where rubber pull tabs. Kind of like the ones that hold the hood down on a tractor trailer, stretch the rubber handle drops into the metal bracket that comes with it. Lexan was a poor choice overall. It scratched to easily. It was easy to work with the material is quite malleable.

· Registered
2018 x3 XMR Turbo
105 Posts
Looks like SolidWorks and you have access to a 3D scanner. Nice. I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

· Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
178 Posts
I just came accross the @REFINERIDE roof rack for the stock style roofs... I had never seen it.. Wife and I both want low profile, but many of the low profile racks fit only aluminum roofs/their own brand of roof...

I think it looks great, has plenty of functionality, and a high quality aluminum product.. The price is way steep though....:oops:

· Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
178 Posts
I suppose, with the freight costs from Ukraine to the US, I shouldn't say the price is "way steep".. But like many accessories I feel broke when just looking at them... :LOL:

Reactions: REFINERIDE

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just came accross the @REFINERIDE roof rack for the stock style roofs... I had never seen it.. Wife and I both want low profile, but many of the low profile racks fit only aluminum roofs/their own brand of roof...

I think it looks great, has plenty of functionality, and a high quality aluminum product.. The price is way steep though....:oops:

Thanks for your feedback. this is only one product we put up for sale. the price is high unfortunately because of the delivery. Estimated shipping cost is $250. but there will always be discounts for forum members.

· Registered
72 Posts
Greetings from Ukraine!
I'm very often asked to design and manufacture side windows or upper doors for Maverick X3 2-seater and 4-seater series.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do it, but the end market is located in Ukraine, and as you know it's heavily affected because of the war. So, if I were to develop this solution, I'm looking at other markets for its distribution.
So, if I make the decision to do it, I can promise you that this product will be the best-crafted, technological, lightest and classiest: no pipes, no thick gaskets and no gaps to blow wind into. The whole solution will be bolt on. We're also not planning to dump the competition, we just honestly want to make a decent product for you and help our country with our work!
Please let me know what you like and dislike about the other manufacturers glass so we can take into account all the flaws. And after that we'll present the best product designed for the most demanding customers within two weeks.
Looking forward to hearing from you! View attachment 289524
Tire Hood Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bicycle fork
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

I built these at home, 1/8” polycarbonate smoked . Aluminum angel and channel for light weight, aluminum mirror mounts, installed well nuts for quick removal. There are air leaks, but the machine is full of factory air leaks so not an issue. I should have used 3/16” poly , I can tow with windows on but the catch a lot of air and flop around a lot. I added two attachment points to keep them secure while towing. I can’t find scratch resistant polycarbonate that is tinted anywhere so maybe a high quality ceramic coating would work. Hope my input helps. If you develop a quality design and product for under a thousand US dollars it will sell.

· Registered
72 Posts
decided on the glass format. now work is underway with the modeling of the shape and measurements of the gap of doors and body View attachment 289616
The door to cage gaps vary between different machines. The existing hard window kits I’ve found require installer to trim to fit. Leave some room for that . A tight tolerance design on one machine won’t fit all of them. Keep door weight light as possible, factory hinges sag with added weight, I adjusted mine slightly and my setup is ultra light. There are better aftermarket hinges available but adds to price. I think it’s Hen racing that has a kit, just as example of fitment and weight.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts