Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning like most mornings dreaming of what it would be like to drive a Maverick or even ride in one for that matter. I got to the office, knocked out my calls and surfed this forum for crumbs of wisdom that I could glean a direction on my quest. The daily search was full on when I came across a rare posting about a guy in North Carolina who get could "deals" from a buddy of his that owned a dealership. I called this guy (Alex - "AReed" owner of CT Race Worx in Matthews, NC) and introduced myself and asked if he could get me a deal and he took a moment (pregnant pause) and said "well, I guess so" sounding somewhat discouraged. Alex then went on to tell me he had just completed a build for the owner of the Can Am dealership "Stuart (NC Power Sports) for a big ride in WV this weekend that was cancelled due to weather. Alex went on to tell me that this build was for himself and Stuart to use so he spent extra time and money to get it perfect but since the ride was cancelled he would sale it.

The build by Alex (AReed) includes the following, I may miss a few things but here it goes, 2014 Maverick XRS-DPS (red, white, black) with rear fender supports, custom front bumper, complete gusset kit and tie rods, rebuilt dual rate shock setup, roof, harness & bar, computer reflash (Mr.RPM), rear receiver, 3-year warranty all for $20,300. The best deal on a stock XRS-DPS I could find up here in WV was $18,799, so for $1500 I got everything I would have purchased separately from Alex but with North Carolina Power Sports getting reasonable on the price it was a win win for all parties but Alex, I took his buggy, sorry.

Now for the crazy part of the story, I told Alex I had a buddy coming north on I-77 from Columbia, SC and could stop and pick it up but I need a place to buy a trailer. Alex found a place, (Carolina Trailer) on the way in Rock Hill, SC, I called they had one for $350 less than anything around here (already priced on Monday). I paid for the trailer via credit card/phone and my buddy said he was there about 5 minutes from start to finish and was back on the road pulling a new trailer. In the mean time I spoke with Alex and Stuart, got the bank routing number for NC Power Sports and I was out the door heading to my bank. Five minutes in the bank and $20k lighter I was back on the road to home. From the first call into Alex (11:45 AM) to pick up of the buggy (4:00 PM) was 4 hours, 15 minutes.

This would not have happened had not Alex and Stuart went out of their way to make this deal happen on such a short notice and tight time frame. My buddy who is on the road tonight heading home with the Maverick could not believe they could make it happen that fast and I was very impressed with their customer service. I know we all bitch when customer service is poor but we seldom speak when it is great and I will say Alex - CT Race Worx and Stuart - NC Power Sports do a great job with demanding customers such as myself.

My buddy and I both ride Commander X's and came from the racing world when we were younger (over 30 yrs ago for me) and my buddy commented that the parts Alex put on the buggy were built heavy duty and great fit/finish, looking forward to seeing the buggy soon and riding/driving one for the first time will be great.

Thank you Alex and Stuart for all your time and effort in making this happen, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
i want black :( nothing money wont fix ....

·
Registered
528 Posts
GREAT STORY!

Alex is a class act...and a strong supporter of this Maverick forum..sure its his business to sell us stuff, but rare that he takes the extra steps to do it right. Congrats to all as its sounds like a Win Win!

Reactions: AReed and mearsman

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ive had several deals with Alex. ALWAYS top notch stuff and will take the time to talk and help you when needed . i have his shocks. but in middle of bigger build, so havnt had the pleasure to try them just yet .

but i Leave April for Windrock for 4 days ill beat on them up there im sure.

Thanks Alex for the help pal

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
badass like a kid on x-mas the best feeling

what size trailer for how much ? thx

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I saw that buggy in Alex's shop that's some of my drool on the hood sorry. I knew that mav would not last long. What's next Alex?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
GREAT STORY!

Alex is a class act...and a strong supporter of this Maverick forum..sure its his business to sell us stuff, but rare that he takes the extra steps to do it right. Congrats to all as its sounds like a Win Win!
I agree 100%

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The trailer is a 6 x 12 with 2x6 floor for $1,280 with a spare tire and mount included.
right on Im looking for a new smaller trailer I like urs or a 6x10 thx

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
6x10 is a tight fit Benzo. Doesn't leave romm for anything other than the Maverick.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Awesome story of great customer service.
congrats !!

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Typical Alex reed story. He is such a stand up guy!! Very helpful and avalable. I think we on this forum are lucky to have vendors like him. There are a few other vendors who stand behind there products and are helpful too but Alex is a great one!

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Cool story, that dosent surprise me. Most people in the Carolina's will go out of their way to help. It's just how it is down here, laid back and friendly and Alex has a good thing going at CT

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Bart, I'm glad we could get you taken care of. I did everything I could to make this as seamless and easy as possible and I think it worked out pretty darn well.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I saw that buggy in Alex's shop that's some of my drool on the hood sorry. I knew that mav would not last long. What's next Alex?
This one left and I have two new ones coming next week to build. One is identical to this one, being a white, red and black XRS DPS and the other one is a solid red XRS DPS hopefully. The red one will get built for the dealership and get sold as a built new Maverick, I'm unsure what we're going to do to it. The white, red and black one will take the place of this one. We prototype parts off it and take them on event rides when the race rig isn't together or isn't convenient. The white, red and black one will get sold with a full warranty with low miles and low hours.
It's something that we're trying to do to expand our business, help the dealership and put people in built Maverick's of their choice with whatever mods that want built into the price at a discounted rate.
If people want a bone stock machine, I can do that too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts