Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend I was doing some hard core high speed trail riding, when I came out of my final turn I met my brother who had decided to jump on my XMR head on. He was runnin about 20 and I was doin about 15. Bent the frame on the XMR, ripped off the left front tire, ripped the axle out, and tore all the plastics to shit. The Maverick suffered a bent tie rod, smashed front bumper, all plastics on left front are all busted to hell, and skid plates are fcked. Sister in law flew off the back of the xmr and slammed into my roll cage, knocked her out and broke her collar bone in two places. Shes ok though. I got a bump on the head but otherwise ok. Dropped both bikes at the dealer yesterday. Hopefully will have them back by the end of April.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention I didnt manage to get any pics. Sorry fellas .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What sucks too is now I get to stare at my new muzzy exhaust for the next month thats still sittin in the box. Lol DAMNIT !

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Dammit man. Sorry to hear about that. I was gonna see if u wanted to head to east tx next week but I guess we will have to postpone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Yea Drill we gonna have to postpone . Hopefully I'll be back in business by the end of April. Took them to Lafayette Power Sports in Lafayette Louisiana cause they got a damn fine can am mechanic there.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys I can also say this, I had been taking people for rides all afternoon through a series of tight trails with a few long straight aways. After mapping out the trail in my head I really started pushing the mav hard. And I mean hard Lol. I ran in low gear and in 2wd to let the rear end slide when needed. All I can say is wow ... this thing blew my mind at how insanely accurate the handling was. The power steering really helped me out alot to. Steering was super smooth and spot on responsive. And oddly enough it seemed to build more power the longer and harder I pushed it . I had the most fun on this thing I've everhad right before the wreck . Cant wait to get it back .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Guys I can also say this, I had been taking people for rides all afternoon through a series of tight trails with a few long straight aways. After mapping out the trail in my head I really started pushing the mav hard. And I mean hard Lol. I ran in low gear and in 2wd to let the rear end slide when needed. All I can say is wow ... this thing blew my mind at how insanely accurate the handling was. The power steering really helped me out alot to. Steering was super smooth and spot on responsive. And oddly enough it seemed to build more power the longer and harder I pushed it . I had the most fun on this thing I've everhad right before the wreck . Cant wait to get it back .

I'll second that. Took mine to DSO last weekend and had so much fun pushing it through corners and long bumpy straights it makes me not want to put a lift or big mud tires on haha. Were you doing this with your 30's on Bayou?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll second that. Took mine to DSO last weekend and had so much fun pushing it through corners and long bumpy straights it makes me not want to put a lift or big mud tires on haha. Were you doing this with your 30's on Bayou?
Yea with the 30's. It'll spin them 30's like they're nothing. And Fuzzie im with u, I dont want to put a lift because of the handling. But im thinking I might go with a 2 or 3" bracket lift. I dont think it'll affect the handling all that much. And also I havent adjusted the suspension at all. So I'm thinking with a bracket lift, u can adjust ur suspension to be a little softer and float more and at worst be at the height ur currently sitting now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
How's the sister-n-law? Hope she had a helment on. Bet the both of you guys were surprised to see one another so quickley. Hopefully you have insurance, cmt sounds as it could be a total loss. Glad everyone's okay.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How's the sister-n-law? Hope she had a helment on. Bet the both of you guys were surprised to see one another so quickley. Hopefully you have insurance, cmt sounds as it could be a total loss. Glad everyone's okay.
Shes ok. Gonna have a plate put on her collar bone next week. We fidnt have helmets, as crazy as it sounds to some of u, we grew up not wearing helmets and hasnt been something we ever give much thought to. Gotta say though I am definitely giving I plenty thought now for sure.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it was definitely a surprise to see him there. I was under the assumption I was back there alone. It was on family property and my brother decided to crank my other bike that was up at tge house and head back there without waiting for me to come out. Not to mention he went wide open from the start. Its an eye opener to say the least. U guys be careful coming around blind corners .

·
Registered
707 Posts
Bayou mines outta commission to bud. Thought mine was a rock crawler out at Disney this weekend lol. Need new control arms and tie rods. Messed some plastic up and bent the frame of the bed. I posted a video of you want to check it out

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bayou mines outta commission to bud. Thought mine was a rock crawler out at Disney this weekend lol. Need new control arms and tie rods. Messed some plastic up and bent the frame of the bed. I posted a video of you want to check it out
Lol damn that sucks !! I'll check it out. Did u roll it ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah it rolled. Pulled the a arm mounts from the frame to. Definitely something that needs to be beefed up. We're really gonna add allot of bracing on the a arm mount where it attached to the frame. That is some thin metal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts