Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Duke you basically have to pull the whole machine apart including removing the whole clutch. Its a bitch and on the trail fck it just tow it out if it goes. The starter itself one bolt its just getting to it

·
Registered
969 Posts
The design is slightly different also, the Denso has a crimped center section looking at the pictures, the one on my machine (Can Am China) has through bolts holding the ends together. I can't say they all will fail, I just know the ones that are failing are the cheap looking ones, also they crank slow. It is a possibility that they will last, but just don't have the speed of the Denso, perhaps more torque and less RPM. I just know I would feel a lot better knowing it had a Denso in it. As far as the Commander and Maverick having different part numbers, I think they are interchangable unless Can Am decided to try to make a higher torque starter for the Maverick. Only Can Am knows the logic behind them, I bet they interchange.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Duke you basically have to pull the whole machine apart including removing the whole clutch. Its a bitch and on the trail fck it just tow it out if it goes. The starter itself one bolt its just getting to it
Fantastic not what i wanted to hear i just had mine snorkeled and belt box sealed up really don't want the dealer tear n into it and then not seal n it bk water tight

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has anyone got the chance to get the denso number off the starter? its a 428000-????. I would like to know if anyone has so i can c if i can get it for mine as i am a rebuilder and sell new starters and alternators. I am not paying brp a overpriced amount as i can buy the same exact starter for way cheaper.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah its suppose to come in Thursday ill have them give me the numbers off it hey didn't know about the starters crap n out but was nice enough to take my word for it and order one in case mine fails

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yeah its suppose to come in Thursday ill have them give me the numbers off it hey didn't know about the starters crap n out but was nice enough to take my word for it and order one in case mine fails
They gonna swap it out warranty or u buying it ? As a spare

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
217 Posts
They gonna swap it out warranty or u buying it ? As a spare

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
Swap it under warranty i have mud nationals start n the 20th and if it goes out and they cant get to it at the dealer ill pull it and they will swap it out

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
I just started my Maverick last night without the primary clutch installed. It fired up without any hesitation at all, not like it has been in the past with the clutch installed. I would not think that the drag on the belt would slow the starting down that much.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts