Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped this pic today, no Chinese starter here! Spins fast and strong.
Tell your dealer you want one like this, Denso image.jpg

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry, i thought you wrere one of the ones that failed. How hard is it to see it? Can you take just the center console off and look down?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know about that, i was down in the belly of the BEAST. All covers off yesterday, did sport low mod, amp and speaker wiring

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the $150 eBay one, the switch was a match but no words on it, there is a $200 version plug and play but the switch is different and says sport low on it

·
Registered
964 Posts
I just took the center console off of mine and you can see it. I have the Harbor Freight Chinese cheap sh!t starter, figures, thats why it cranks slow. I am not happy about this. I will talk to my dealer and figure out what can be done.
Can-Am better recall this crap soon! I looked at the parts diagram and the starter is $435. If I have to I will buy one and change it. I am not getting stranded. My Commander always cranked fast, say what you what 12:1 compression isn't enough to stuff the starter like it is. The problem is Cheap CRAP!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes! There are two different starters. The Nippondnso that crank normal and don't fail, them there is the cheap looking Chinese starter that cranks slow and fail (4 that we know of) some people have said they are DOA out of the crate. The good news if there is any, so far the ones that have failed have done so very quickly. I've been cranking the piss put of mine hoping it fails. My friends Maverick cranks normal and fast like my Commander did, mine is slower. I checked his out today and it is the Denso starter.

To clarify, there is only one part number but obviously two different vendors or manufacturers of the starter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes! There are two different starters. The Nippondnso that crank normal and don't fail, them there is the cheap looking Chinese starter that cranks slow and fail (4 that we know of) some people have said they are DOA out of the crate. The good news if there is any, so far the ones that have failed have done so very quickly. I've been cranking the piss put of mine hoping it fails. My friends Maverick cranks normal and fast like my Commander did, mine is slower. I checked his out today and it is the Denso starter.

To clarify, there is only one part number but obviously two different vendors or manufacturers of the starter.

Is the maverick and commander starter the same ???

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I need to know cause nationals is start n Wednesday and if i have the cheap starter i need to replace it fast and im offshore rite now stress n lol

from member (RTB) - Did a parts lookup and the Mav shares the same starter as the ATV's. Commander has a slightly different part #. Anyone know what is different about the Commander starter?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does anyone have the denso number off the starter? 428000-???? I sell new and rebuild starters and alternators along with lots of other things and, wanted to look up and c if they are available yet or if you can only buy through brp still.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wierd how theres no ryme or reason to which starters to vin numbers. Mine had to be a late build due to getting it here in Canada but this seemed to be a early run thing with many reporting slow starting?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts