Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back last week from NW Raptor Rally, Memorial Day crowds and getting ready for NW UTV takeover. I went to adjust my crack (OK, STOP) today and realized my Mityvac doesn't do pressure. What tool or model number are you guys using? #8255 or is there something better? TIA.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I have the mv 8500 I bought the mv 8000 first and found it only does vacuum so had to buy another that does pressure

·
Premium Member
106 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I built my own for cheap.
Would you like to share? I can't see spending $65+ for something I'll use once or twice in the remainder of my life. I tried using a adjustable 12 volt compressor, but by the time it shuts off it builds up to 25 pounds. Maybe use a 15 foot hose and cut it shorter and shorter till I get the pressure I want, haha. Seriously though, I could rig up my compressor with regulators but thought there would be a easier way.

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
Would you like to share? I can't see spending $65+ for something I'll use once or twice in the remainder of my life. I tried using a adjustable 12 volt compressor, but by the time it shuts off it builds up to 25 pounds. Maybe use a 15 foot hose and cut it shorter and shorter till I get the pressure I want, haha. Seriously though, I could rig up my compressor with regulators but thought there would be a easier way.
already did in a thread here. Use that search function and or google and you will find it. Blood pressure bulb and some hardware store fittings.

that reminds me I lent that out to Andy WSTP (who stands to pee) and im not sure I got it back yet.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Crack pressure, home made set up, eat three bean burritos wait for pressure to build , stand clear when the waste gate lets go

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Yes mv 8255 look on amazon for a good price

·
Registered
77 Posts
8MILELAKE 21pcs Handheld Vacuum Pump Set Tester Compatible for Automotive with Adapters Brake Bleeder Test Kit (Vacuum and pressure tester) $33.99 on Amazon

Worked good for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have a Mityvac 8500 and was a little hesitant at first when purchasing it. However, I discovered from Andy that it is somewhat meant to be an annual routine thing to check. Maybe this is for people who are obsessive, but never hurts to check the wastegate crack pressure every now and again.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I haven't used my Mityvac vacuum pump in years so I couldn't see buying a new vacuumn/presure pump. Per Mega, I ordered a blood pressure cuff kit from eBay, $10.65, and will modify as needed.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts