Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the modular bag setup, so I can't use the bedliner that CanAm sells I guess, but I was thinking a 1/16 piece of polycarbonate cut to fit on top of the rear rack/bed, with the reflective insulation under it, would really cut on the heat that gets pulled into the cab area. I run a 1/2 windshield and it's amazing how much heat gets sucked back into the cab area. (I run harnesss or a rear window might be an option).

What do you guys think of this? 1/16" thick black polycarbonate sheet is about $30, I think I have enough thermotec laying around, but if not, maybe another $30 to cover the whole bottom of the sheet, then just screw it into the rack with machine screws and put the bag back on top of it. (Probably have to cut wide around the linq latch holes to make sure the bag still latched easily enough).

Poly melts at 300ish degrees, surely with the thermotec on it, we'd be under that.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Joe

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Good point, but if that was going to happen, surely it would with the brp bedliner option too..?
Somebody on here did that awhile back and it looked good but I don't know if he's had issues or not. Ad I don't know who it was so its up to you to find Them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll post pic of mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here it is mounted.

You can see a little more of it, in the back of this pic on the right side.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Somebody on here did that awhile back and it looked good but I don't know if he's had issues or not. Ad I don't know who it was so its up to you to find Them.
My battery died, I do have the bedliner, the dealer replaced ther battery and I have had no issues since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts