Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
I run my 30 inch bighorns 2.0 at 90mph on hard pack dirt road, I don鈥檛 float around, 15-17 psi. It鈥檚 not perfect like a car on the freeway, but it seems as ok as ok can be doing 90 on a dirt road 馃槣. I haven鈥檛 adjusted the alignment but the front seem to be out when measuring the front to back distance on the front tires. 2019 RC turbo R
I think people get to critical with the belt break in talk, just take it out and have fun but don鈥檛 really jump on it hard for a an hour or two. Did fine for me.
I thought about getting the pins for the housing, but it looked like it wouldn鈥檛 be a tight fit. I like the other comment about put 4 select bolts in and pin the rest, 2/3s quick release and 4 bolts.You might even be able to use the pins so they don鈥檛 bind up like you mentioned, using choice locations. If you do the washers you should only need to washer 4 pins.

Premium Member
If you buy the 2020 cover bolts they have torques or hex head. I lost one somehow and my buddy gave my one of a 2020 on the showroom floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
My earlier post about using different bolts, Dizzle mentioned using a Milwaukee electric ratchet, that's definitely a time saver, but I just use a regular ratchet, I don't want to have another thing to charge. Got enough batteries to keep track of already. It's easy either way, with either ratchet.
Point was that those stupid torx bolts can get punted, and put easier and more available bolts in to do the same thing.

Edit: I think Dizzle meant he used an electric ratchet... (doesn't Milwaukee brand they're stuff with the "Fuel" logo?)
I I meant fuel ratchet. Milwaukee also make a 3/8鈥 ratchet that鈥檚 not fuel. It has a smaller head and a ton less power. I bought it first before I realized what I did. It鈥檚 about 50$ cheaper than the fuel. Batteries are not an issue. One battery will last all wkend with no issues. Most in my group use my ratchet when they break down. Never ran out of juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
I'll order the factory ones at some point, good to know they are updated. I hardly go "mudding" but do want it to be mostly sealed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts