Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding this weekend, got into mud etc. It was so bad I just didn't feel like messing with it and sent it off to get detailed. Anyway, there was oil on the lower filter and apparently some oil running a bit. Plus some return or line was missing. Looking at the pictures can you tell me first what is missing and second if the oil looks normal? Was running fine I think...power seemed good. Any help appreciated. 2013-09-02 19.30.51.jpg 2013-09-02 17.36.24.jpg

·
Registered
964 Posts
That oil is from the over oiled secondary dust filter and the white thing is the fuel tank breather. It doesn't have a hose in the one end. I did run a hose on mine down to the right side down lower so I don't smell gas when riding. Nothing abnormal with yours.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, just got really into some muck....there's a video of it on the vid/picture forum. I didn't swamp mine like the one guy did, but it was so bad I just had it sent out to get detailed...cuz the mess was horrible. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Clean all that oil out of the box, its for the over oiled filter. and clean the secondary and the just use a spray on type like Maxima ( i use ) or any other . mine had so much oil in the bottom of the box it was actually trying to suck the oil into the manifold! once i got it out it ran much better actually. and i have a K&N post filter

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Clean all that oil out of the box, its for the over oiled filter. and clean the secondary and the just use a spray on type like Maxima ( i use ) or any other . mine had so much oil in the bottom of the box it was actually trying to suck the oil into the manifold! once i got it out it ran much better actually. and i have a K&N post filter
X2 get all of the excess oil out of there...you don't want it gettin into the intake and on the sensors. Also, can't quite tell from the pictures but is the inside of the airbox dusty? If so, make sure to grease your filter gasket. It will help minimize the air that leaks around the filter.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lawn service company I use. I just didn't feel like bothering. He saw it and said he'd clean it for $30 so I jumped on it before he changed his mind. Made him load it up. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
X2 get all of the excess oil out of there...you don't want it gettin into the intake and on the sensors. Also, can't quite tell from the pictures but is the inside of the airbox dusty? If so, make sure to grease your filter gasket. It will help minimize the air that leaks around the filter.
I will be adding some small filtered opening towards the bottom of the air box. If this doesn't help reduce the dirt getting by the top filter, then I will change the complete air intake set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts