Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can chime in here and answer some questions. Has any of the heat issues been curbed in the cab area? I know ridding in the commander the heat could be noticed. I haven't seen the maverick yet but was wondering how hard is it to check the oil, do you have to remove any of the plastic surrounding the motor? Always was able to hear a little whine while under power, sounded like from back end or drive line. Buddy has one coming into his shop Tuesday and I'm looking at it. just wondering out-loud.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to ask about adding a winch? Has anyone added one?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Remove seat to check oil. Rear whine is gone /fixed. No heat in interior.
You mean no heat while driving? I get plenty of heat when I'm driving its nice on the cold nights but sucks in those hot days. I was thinking about doing that heat/sound matting on my Mav .

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
no heat at all, but add doors and a winsheild and i bet you get heat.
I wont take that bet. Got doors and a 1/2 windsheild, and although it's not an excessive amount of heat...I don't need a cab heater or heated seats on those chilly night rides

·
Registered
468 Posts
I added a winch. Brp winch kit and mount. 4000 lb warn winch. 650.00

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm looking to pick up a Maverick soon and did a test drive this weekend at Firebird Raceway.
I didn't notice any whine while driving but we were required to wear helmets and when I watched the video posted above it sounds a lot like a diesel turbo winding down every time you get off the gas and coast. Not sure if that's what you're talking about or not but the noise is unmistakable on the video soundtrack. I sure liked the ride though and since I'm coming from a Teryx any heat in the cab isn't going to worry me since I don't think anything could possibly put more heat and noise in the cockpit than a Teryx. I had doors, low profile sport cage and 1/2 windshield and it was great in cold weather, we just don't get much of that in Phoenix. Love my Teryx but looking forward to getting into a Mav.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
GO buy 1 and stop wasting time ! - lol

Reactions: mojosxs

·
Registered
189 Posts
Damm...I didn't realized they sounded so good factory. Much better sounding than I remembered from videos I've watched. Thanks for posting vid.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Damm...I didn't realized they sounded so good factory. Much better sounding than I remembered from videos I've watched. Thanks for posting vid.
Sounds great, revs great and lots of fun. Im ready to buy but getting nervous about how GlamisFans clutch keeps falling apart. I only do GlamisFans once or twice a year but the clutch and belt problem is starting to sound serious.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, mine isn't coming Tuesday. It's gonna be a standard. I'm waiting for a xrs which will be in march at sometime. I have a deposit on one but want to see it first hand. As soon as buddy gets it in he's taking out of create and putting it together so I can make up my mine. I'm coming from can-am quads so little nervous with the sxs. Borrowed a commander for a week and had a blast so wanting to switch. Wife had neck surgery in 2011 so her quad days are over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts