Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. What cordless electric wrench are you using? Does any brand recommend? I want to buy one. But there are many brands on the market, no idea which one is worth buying.
PS. my budget is limited.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
yes the big brands are what I recommend 18+v
store or no names stay away
I went dewalt because of the grinder
with a cut off wheel its a sweet tool

·
Registered
76 Posts
^ that’s funny... although I do personally use Ryobi stuff. I mean they are cheap (always running sales at HD) and nobody can touch their battery system.

I get it, Ryobi isn’t professional quality, but the average DIY’r I see no issues.

·
Premium Member
10,584 Posts
Milwaukee here too. Look for some sales. A while back HD had them at half price.

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
46 Posts
^ that’s funny... although I do personally use Ryobi stuff. I mean they are cheap (always running sales at HD) and nobody can touch their battery system.

I get it, Ryobi isn’t professional quality, but the average DIY’r I see no issues.
TTI owns Milwaukee, Ridgid (Manufacturing at least) and Ryobi. Its all the same crap.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
465 Posts
My brother and I were both made in the same "factory", yet we are vastly different in quality and dependability. ;)
Which half did we get?

I rock the dewalt here. Kind of like a trap for whatever brand you start with. Once you get one, a charger, and a battery, well, bare bones tools look good after that.

Only complaint I have is the quit working after falling in the lake. That‘s BS dewalt! Work as intended if you keep them from swimming.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi. What cordless electric wrench are you using? Does any brand recommend? I want to buy one. But there are many brands on the market, no idea which one is worth buying.
PS. my budget is limited.
Thanks
Are you wanting a ratchet or impact

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
465 Posts
To quote another thread on this forum -

View attachment 256710
I’d go with the ryobi in this pic. Left may have the corona, which you need to stay 6’ away from to use. Center looks like a blm supporter so it probably won’t work. Right, now that looks like a hard working loving woman. Shed help me roll the buggy back over for sure, change the tire, call me a dumbass and help with dinner to boot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Milwaukee is great, it is a little expensive. But I am impress on its outstanding work.
If your budget is limited, I recommend imeshbean's wrench tool. The price is about under $100, and also works very well.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I use a 12V Milwaukee 3/8" drive in my Canam tool bag. Great for Clutch cover torx screws.
Same here. Add a 1" extension to the torx socket and it reaches all screws easily without being to long on the front screws. I also welded a 3/4" 3/8 drive socket to my scissor jack and use the same Milwaukee to quickly/easily raise and lower the car for any tire changes. It's awesome.

Reactions: Clkwrkornge

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Milwaukee here. Love my 3/8” ratchet . Use it more than any of my others. I did screw up and not buy the fuel the first time. It kinda sucked. Bought the fuel 3/8 and love it. The regular is more like a 1/4” power wise. I converted from rigid to Milwaukee tools over the past couple years. There is a difference. It’s not all the same crap as stated earlier. I lack just a couple of specialized tools and I’ll be set for a while. Full size 3/8” impact is a beast but does not compare to the 1/2”. Basically just need the 12v stubby 3/8” to keep in the buggy with the ratchet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
I carry the milwaukee stubby 3/8 impact 12v it easily takes off the lug nuts + I carry the 1/4 ratchet 12v also for the clutch cover and the 3/8 18v for taking the axle nut off just in case they fit easily in my old door pouch off the xp great recycle idea for them center bag is great belt pouch and have all the tools needed to change the belt in it all fit under the drivers seat nicely

1 - 19 of 19 Posts