Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reused the stock bottom seat frame and removed all the sliding mechanisms from it. Also used 7/16 fine thread die to thread the stock seat studs for mounting. i removed the stock rubber isolators and flipped them upside down then cut off the thick side to help drop the back of the seat down. I also had to cut down the plastic ridge closest to the door on the driver side to allow the seat to drop in far enough. The seats i installed are not made for utv's so its a very snug fit, but i got it to work and fit nicely. although it is tight and takes a couple minutes to remove the seat, it is well worth it for the comfort.

For those who just want to drop there stock seat down in the rear, use a 7/16 FINE thread die. remove the stock mounting hardware because it will be in the way, then youll have to shave down a 7/16 washer to fit the narrow slot on the seat frame. you will need to cut down the rubber as well to allow for it to drop about an inch. this will fix the feeling that your leaning forward in your seats.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i reused the stock bottom seat frame and removed all the sliding mechanisms from it. Also used 7/16 fine thread die to thread the stock seat studs for mounting. i removed the stock rubber isolators and flipped them upside down then cut off the thick side to help drop the back of the seat down. I also had to cut down the plastic ridge closest to the door on the driver side to allow the seat to drop in far enough. The seats i installed are not made for utv's so its a very snug fit, but i got it to work and fit nicely. although it is tight and takes a couple minutes to remove the seat, it is well worth it for the comfort.

For those who just want to drop there stock seat down in the rear, use a 7/16 FINE thread die. remove the stock mounting hardware because it will be in the way, then youll have to shave down a 7/16 washer to fit the narrow slot on the seat frame. you will need to cut down the rubber as well to allow for it to drop about an inch. this will fix the feeling that your leaning forward in your seats.

Looks great! How do they fit? Did you trim plastic to get rid rid of the rubbing problem that the stock seats have?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice job on the install. They look comfortable.
Where did you get those seats? What model Corbeau are they?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! How do they fit? Did you trim plastic to get rid rid of the rubbing problem that the stock seats have?
i trimmed the outer plastic just to allow the seat to go as low as possible. they fit, im 6' and its comfy for me. but anyone taller might have to lean the seat back a bit more to not feel upright.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job on the install. They look comfortable.
Where did you get those seats? What model Corbeau are they?
they are corbeau Baja XP's, i got them like a year ago from 4wheelparts just because i know some guys there. but i originally bought them for my prerunner so thats why it was questionable if they would fit.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like the extra wide shoulder section and the deep ass bucket

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the extra wide shoulder section and the deep ass bucket
yea they definitely suck you in, and the bottom is super soft. not to mention there fixed back suspension seats so yea there built right.
i sat in the prp, twisted stitch, and the beard seats and not one of the ones they make to fit the mav were right to me. felt too like you would slide out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts