Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What one heck of a race at the Central Oregon Offroad Race Park round #1 in Redmond OR on April 27th. A record 24 SxS entries - 20 in the stock class and 7 in the unlimited class! A total of 53 entries including trucks and buggies.
Representing the Mavericks were K Goodrich and the PacNORE.com Blue Coyote.
The PacNORE girls have 1000's of photos to go thru, but here are some of my favorites:

Providing RzR support...

This is why my main rails are 1.75x.120 DOM and the doors 1.50x.095 tube....
Other cool racing:

Race report:
1997 PacNORE/ ProCaliber / Devious Powersports / Mid Valley Metals / Cam Am Maverick had a great race. We arrived Friday at the COORP track in Redmond OR on Friday and did some final tuning. With 20 SxS in the Limited SxS class we had work to do. With so many entries, they ran 2 sets of heats. First heat race we finished 2nd. Heat 2 had an invert but we still finished 3rd. The main had 18 entries - we started 6th, and after 15 crazy laps we finished 5th, including the dramatic final turn excitement with a RzR that tried to hug the inside (and did not, we kept him upright...). The Devious Powersports Pro Armour 5pt belts kept me safe in the car, and the over built doors kept the RzR out of the driver area. The Maverick performed flawlessly, plenty of power. Shocks- they will be heading to CT Racing so we can handle the rough stuff so we can take the podium at the next race...
It was good to meet up with Chis of Devious, Murry with Muzzys and K Goodrich.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have no idea how i finished, this was the first time i have driven a SXS. I did have a great time and learned you need rocker guards for rubbing. Going to pull the shocks off again and have the valving changed. I was bottoming out also going to see if we can use the track for practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts