Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the different bars on the temp gauge really convert to in degrees?

3 bars =?????
4 bars = ???? and so on....

Just trying to get an idea of how hot it's running.

Thanks

·
Registered
719 Posts
When i had my xrs the conversion was 42deg per bar i believe. Or something close to it.
That was based on a Autometer Water temp gauge in the forward cylinder for whatever that is worth.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Check out search - type in (temp bars) Kalops thread Bars = Degrees. This should answer most of your ?.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I found that thread, but it doesn't really give a deff answer, i'd like to know this as well

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Posted this a while back, here is copy & paste:

Just some temp info:
On the new G2 bikes with a temp gauge,
1 bar = 160°F
2 bars = 170°F
3 bars = 180°F
Haven't tried it any higher, since the reflash keeps it below 190°F
I'll post back up, if I get one higher than 190°F

·
Administrator
2,357 Posts
does anyone know what the different bars on the temp gauge really convert to in degrees?

3 bars =?????
4 bars = ???? and so on....

Just trying to get an idea of how hot it's running.

Thanks
Pull your engine cover off and shoot the temp sending unit or a closeby coolant hose with an infrared gun and record the temperature as cold. Start machine, idle, and wait for first bar to appear, shoot and record. Keep doing this as the next bars appear, and make sure you catch the temp when the fan comes on also. If you wanted a couple extra bars, then pull your fan fuse to simulate an overheating condition. Give a short writeup as to any mods you have done that may deviate your results for others to understand (ie...reflashed for fan to come on early, etc) Post your results in a thread.

Now, my years of forum site intuition tells me that a dozen more peeps will do the same thing just so they can disprove and argue with your results, so we would then have 13 tests virtually overnight.....we throw out the non consistant high/low ones and average out the rest for solid values....test complete and peeps will thank WADMASTER for years to come!

While testing in a shop isn't real world values neither are dynos, but people should respect any attempt for initiating a valid starting point to build upon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Greg's numbers are bang on imo, we were chasing why my xrs Max fan wouldn't shut off unless in water after a reflash, using a heat gun we saw temps fight to get into the 160's but they never did, or 1 bar on the gauge. Even in chilly as hell weather it wouldn't shut off, only when I hit water it would. We did a tweak to put In factory parameters, 3-4 bars all day long, cold weather can be 2, hot 4-5 but it cycles now and never overheats.

Reactions: WADMASTER

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice!!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Thank You....Now that's a complete conversion...
Thanks for posting this. What temp would you say is too high or would cause the car to go to limp mode?

My cars been running at bar 8 for the first time ever and I thought it was kinda odd. I changed tires to something heavier that the Skats I was using and due to availability I had to use the synthetic blend oil this go round. Wondering if that’s the difference I’m seeing in temps as a result of those changes.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,018 Posts
Thanks for posting this. What temp would you say is too high or would cause the car to go to limp mode?

My cars been running at bar 8 for the first time ever and I thought it was kinda odd. I changed tires to something heavier that the Skats I was using and due to availability I had to use the synthetic blend oil this go round. Wondering if that’s the difference I’m seeing in temps as a result of those changes.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Answered your PM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got a new razorback belt temp guage installed last year. And reading the posts on actual bar temperatures they are running very close to the razorbacks temp gauge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts