Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was lookin at my air filter and noticed my coolant reservoir looked empty, so I unscrewed the cap and bone dry! Either they didnt fill enough at dealer or i gots a leak. Anybody else have an empty tank in the first 10-15 HRS?

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
must have been bubbles in your system from factory. Now since you ran it dry you still have bubbles in your system. Raise the front of the vehicle and burp the air out with the enigne running. This will take a few time so be patient. after that add an oring in the cap and enjoy the carfree rides.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The first time I took my Maverick out I noticed the hose coming off the water pump leaking Out of the bottom of the skid plate I just tightend up the clamp a little and now no more leaks! So check that, the last couple of commander's I've worked on had the same leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
After my first trip out I was checking fluids n yep my little res. was empty.
Since then I keep an eye on it n have had to put water in it twice but I honestly can't find a dang leak

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K. I had ta add a little. I know my rene and outty both had a leaky water pump seal that dealer had to change. This is nuttin new with these motors unfortunatly.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My coolant tank is empty again just sitten in the garage, and a puddle under the mav. I aint lookin. at nuttin Im takin the pos in for its 10 hr service, they can look at it! must be a loose clamp or suttin? Got 25 K in to it and a 4 yr warranty at least.

*** Hopefully I didnt offend anyone with this post, sorry iff I did***

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My coolant tank is empty again just sitten in the garage, and a puddle under the mav. I aint lookin. at nuttin Im takin the pos in for its 10 hr service, they can look at it! must be a loose clamp or suttin? Got 25 K in to it and a 4 yr warranty at least.

*** Hopefully I didnt offend anyone with this post, sorry iff I did***
There was a few fellas that posted having a loose clamp at the water pump and at the thermostat. If you don't touch anything, it should be easy to locate when you take it in. Where is it leaking out from under the car. The engine area or up front by the coolant reservoir?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a few fellas that posted having a loose clamp at the water pump and at the thermostat. If you don't touch anything, it should be easy to locate when you take it in. Where is it leaking out from under the car. The engine area or up front by the coolant reservoir?
Heavy, I have been too busy to diagnose. At this point All I Know is the resevoir is empty and there is a puddle under with a drip comming from right under waterpump. I have had my plastic engine covers out to install my ///AIRDAM CVT flange but put the passenger side plastic in last week. When I get home tonight I will take out covers and find out where it is leaking. Like I said she is due for 10 hr service, but it is gonna bug me if I dont find it first. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy, I have been too busy to diagnose. At this point All I Know is the resevoir is empty and there is a puddle under with a drip comming from right under waterpump. I have had my plastic engine covers out to install my ///AIRDAM CVT flange but put the passenger side plastic in last week. When I get home tonight I will take out covers and find out where it is leaking. Like I said she is due for 10 hr service, but it is gonna bug me if I dont find it first. Stay tuned.
Yea, even if you don't fix it yourself, I always feel better diagnosing the problem and then seeing if the dealer knows what they are talking about when I take it in....

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gotthe mav back from dealer. The leak was from a hose clamp at the water pump. They said they have seen a couple like that. Check your clamps!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my Mav back from the dealer. I took it in due to my OEM hose clamps leaking at the Tee located on the upper fire wall. They tried to retighten the OEM clamps, but still leaked. They replaced all hose clamps under warranty. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had to replace the Bombardier hose crimps on my 2009 Skidoo because they leaked coolant. I replaced them with the traditional hose clamps and never had an issue since. Those crimp clamps are junk.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I had a hose crimp (they don't use clamps) loose on a hose in between the two cylinders.
Mine has hose clamps on the water pump (see pic)
I gotthe mav back from dealer. The leak was from a hose clamp at the water pump. They said they have seen a couple like that. Check your clamps!
Yep, mine too. I noticed my skid plate had a tamp spot on it so I dropped it to find this......I tightened the clamp about 3-4 full turns!

IMG_0452.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts