Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coolant bleed screw threads are stripped on the rear cylinder. Anyone have any experience with this and how to fix? The fitting/housing the bleed screw screws into is made of a composit material. The bleed screw itself has threads that looks like threads on a drywall screw (Verify Corse/wide threads) with a 8mm bolt head on it. Someone (previous owner, mechanic) overrightened the screw and stripp the threads in the composite fitting and the screw can’t be tightened enough to prevent leaking. I may have to buy a whole new fitting, but I’m trying to figure out how I can fix it without doing that. I appreciate the brainstorming.

·
Registered
443 Posts
No experience with your problem but have stripped plastic threads a few options drill it out and tap it for a larger bolt size if it's think enough or if it's something that is not needed for service or to remove a part you can try JB weld or epoxy and just glue it in just make sure you clean and dry the plastic real good so it sticks? If you ever really need to drain it just drill it drain it and replace the plastic part then...... Not sure if its in the pressure side of the cooling system it would hold but some Teflon tape wrapped around the bolt might be enough to grab and hold the bolt in???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts