Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading all the threads on here and i guess im having a hard time shelling out over a grand for a new primary and secondary set up for my mav. Is it that big of a seat of the pants feel over the stock set up? I get the whole reliability deal. But dang its alot of bread to shell out. I guess im trying to say is what do you guys think the percentage of power to rear wheels over the stock set up is it you think?

·
Registered
806 Posts
It is better all the way around. Just get a primary for now and see how you like it. I don't think you need a secondary unless you are hardcore.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out the dyno sheets looks like around 10hp to rear wheels. I will see if i can get ahold of kris. I know hes back in school so no biggie im in now hurry summer is coming to a close here in michigan

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya im in no hurry i get it hes busy and winter is coming pretty quick so around nov 1st ill be putting the mav away for winter and getting the sled out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ya im in no hurry i get it hes busy and winter is coming pretty quick so around nov 1st ill be putting the mav away for winter and getting the sled out.
Yea, if only the SXS engineering would catch up to the snowmobile engineering with regards to HP to weight ratio. Gotta love the 180HP on a sub 500 LB sled! Even lighter for you flat landers and your short tracks :crazy:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I love my xf1100 turbo and not a lot of us have short tracks mine is 141 my buddy's is a 155 and the shortest is my 136 skidoo. We do a lot of off trail boon docking in the powder when we find it. It sure isn't like out west and we always go west at least twice a yr. my fav is cook city Montana I'm trying right now to set up a trip out there right now.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very nice….I am still riding a Ski Doo Rev Highmark X 800 with some small tweaks for my primary ride. But I have a highly modded KingCat with an 1100 big bore and a Nitrous setup (215 HP on 91 octane and 265 HP on nitrous) for when I get bored…..it is scary were this thing will go!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya bet shoot with 177hp it's scary enough darn thing pulls like a freight train. I don't know about 265 lol. Sounds like fun though

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ya kris emailed me back this morning and said I should go rage 3 primary and gen2 secondary. I emailed him back about set up and ordering. I wonder if he orders them direct from the factory? Cause I noticed stm is in my neighborhood here in Waterford Michigan. If he has them set them up and ship them out I may save on shipping ill just go pick them up.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Oh ya kris emailed me back this morning and said I should go rage 3 primary and gen2 secondary. I emailed him back about set up and ordering. I wonder if he orders them direct from the factory? Cause I noticed stm is in my neighborhood here in Waterford Michigan. If he has them set them up and ship them out I may save on shipping ill just go pick them up.
I am curious about the cost. Can you pm me what you were told?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts