Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I picked up my Mav last night and so far I love it. I have a Garmin Montana GPS and bought the console that is designed for it's use. Do you just get the standard ATV mount for it and bolt it in there? My dealer wasn't sure as he never installed one before.

Gary

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
if you bought BRP's gps and dash plate for the maverick, then u don't need anything, it just locks in that and ur set

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so you have to run it off the batteries? I know the RzR has the mount built into it that has wires going to a power source. I haven't tried sticking it in there. I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Thanks!!
Gary

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ahh im not sure about power for the gps good question, leme know how it goes

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you have the mount for the montana can am supplies there is a square plug for spare power zip tied to the cross member behind where you mount the bezel. remove the plastic end plugged in and plug in your gps done.........

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a Montana and ord'd a plug that plugs into the power supply. Cig lighter plug.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I can get power behind the dash but the Montana has no way to stay in place in the rectangle hole. It just flops around. I guess the dealer did some research and has a part ordered for it. I'll bet it's just the standard ATV mount. I have one on my Renegade and it looks like it would work. I didn't want to pull it off just to check though.
Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts