Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the connector right behind the dash has a empty end plugged into it ready for you to install your light bar or anything u want plug and play ,

here is the plug and the terminals i bought from ebay $5 shipped - Delphi WeatherPack Male 16-14 Terminals

the plug on left

works out nice ! dsc02614.jpg !CBdRdbQ!2k~$(KGrHqR,!jgEzr-EqM+1BNH0k6s5Og~~_3.jpg

Reactions: bristewa

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good find....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weather pak is awesome! its reusable too, if you buy the neat little tool that releases the pins
yup tiny lil flat head screwdriver tip thing,

10 things come in a pack to, so u can rewire if needed

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Question is do you have one of these?

WP-2018-TOOL__25523_1290547541_1280_1280.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm guessing you still have to buy the switch too?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh yes sorry was looking at wrong tool , lol

i just used a normal crimp tool and sodered it together,

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm guessing you still have to buy the switch too?
yes then u need to get a rocker switch or whatever style u like and wire it up !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is a plug in, in the back of the dash that is wired and ready to plug into a rocker switch but i think its for the winch ?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I ordered everything and decided i could make due without the crimper. Well guess what, I ended up ordering it afterall and it works slicker than shit. One little squeeze and its tight. So I got my dash gauges wired up ready for when the mav gets here.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I ordered everything and decided i could make due without the crimper. Well guess what, I ended up ordering it afterall and it works slicker than shit. One little squeeze and its tight. So I got my dash gauges wired up ready for when the mav gets here.
I have the same crimper. Works like a charm. They make another one that has a rachetting action and does both cripms in one squeaz (wire connection and the insulator) but that thing is over $100. I think I payed around $30 for mine. I'll just have to sacrifice and crimp both individually...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i crimped mine with plies then soddered them ! , lol

Reactions: HandyManDan

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
i crimped mine with plies then soddered them ! , lol
Wadya put grass on em for? OOOHHHH you mean soldered them...lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is another open 2 socket WeatherPack connector located near the battery, on the drivers side, clipped to the plastic partition that separates the cockpit from the engine. Looks like this is also a power plug....

·
Registered
806 Posts
Which one is for sport low?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I used the on that's in the OPs pic. Mine plugged right into it.
I thought you had to wire it in down at the trans or something.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I thought you had to wire it in down at the trans or something.
You do, grab power behind the dash and then connect down low on transmission sensor, if you buy the kit it has EASY instructions
My kit had power connection and then branches off for an additional power supply later, cool! I just put that cap back on it till later

1 - 20 of 57 Posts